The Anniversary

Today was the day, the day Robin dreaded every year. It was the anniversary of his parents death. Robin took his mask off to reveal his beautiful blue eyes. He stared down at a picture of his family that had been taken before a show. Tears slid down his cheeks and his body shook as he sobbed. All of a sudden a knock sounded at his door. Robin slipped on his mask and answered it. The door slid open to reveal Danny. Tears were flowing down his cheeks. He looked up to his brother with sad eyes. Robin pulled him into a hug. Danny clutched onto his brother's shirt as he cried. Robin brought them both into his room without breaking their hug. He slipped off his domino mask once more and threw it to the ground. "I miss them so much." Danny sobbed. "I know, I do to." Robin said as he hugged him tighter. "Why did they have to leave?" Danny asked. "I don't know." Robin replied as more tears fell from his eyes. "But I do know that they wouldn't want us to be sad. Come here." Robin said as he pulled away from their hug and sat Danny on the side of his bed. "Look at these." Robin said as he pulled out a box of photos from their childhood together. "I remember this." Danny said holding up a picture of him, Robin, and their mother building towers out of blocks. A tiny smile formed on Danny's lips as he looked at the picture. "Remember this one." Robin said as he held up photo of their family all dressed like animals for Halloween. Robin was a monkey, Danny was a kitten, their dad was a bear, and their mom was dressed as a dog. "I remember you throwing up after eating too much candy." Danny said with a laugh. "How ironic is this?" Danny said as he held a photo from another Halloween. Robin was dressed as Batman while Danny had been dressed as ghost. Robin laughed at the old photo. He smiled as he looked at a photo of himself upon his father's shoulders. Danny gave Robin a small hug as they looked at their last family photo together. "Hey Robin..." Danny said. "Yeah?" Robin said glancing over at his brother. "Thanks for making smile today." Danny said as he gave Robin a light squeeze. "No problem." Robin replied as he wrapped his own arms around his brother.