Part 4-Ambush

"What?!" you asked in alarm as the rats continued rushing and squeaking about. "Who's here? Vernon?! What's going on?!"

    "The Wacks." He responded, still staring forward.

    "What?" you gasped. "They're here?!"

    "Yes," Vernon said, turning to the rat that had come through the front door. "Fernando, summon the Macs to the meeting place."

    Fernando scampered off with a squeak, and the kitchen rats followed.

    "Y/N," Vernon said. "We have to go."

    "B-but what about dessert?" you asked. You were finally getting to know Vernon, and you wanted to keep talking with him!

    Before you could protest any further, Vernon grabbed your hand and pulled you out the front door.

    "Where are we going?" you shouted after him as the two of you ran past countless rats, all heading in the same direction as you.

    "The meeting place," Vernon said. "You'll see!"

    The two of you finally stopped running once you had reached an open door into which countless rats-Macs, you presumed-ran. You followed Vernon into the room, which turned out to be an indoor stadium of sorts. You continued to follow him up the stage, and took a seat at a chair he gestured to while he stood behind the podium.

    Vernon waited until the flow of rats into the stadium ended to begin speaking. At the sound of him clearing his throat, the Macs were immediately silenced.

    "My fellow Macs," Vernon began. "4 years ago, my mother-your leader-was killed in cold blood by the power hungry Wacks.

    "Well, today, those very same Wacks have returned-to continue their quest for sewer domination.

    "Macs! We cannot let them succeed! We must fight! To avenge our great leader, and to free the sewers from the clutches of the Wacks! It is time!

    "We have spent these last few years preparing for an attack by the Wacks, and today, my fellow Macs, we shall defeat them! We shall overcome!"

    At these words, the stadium was filled with the mighty squeaks of thousands of rats.

    "My fellow Macs," Vernon continued, and the stadium returned to silence.

    "We're going to pull up on those Wacks with our Macs fully loaded!"