Part 7-Triumph

"Y/N!" Alfonzo squeaked, throwing his little paws over your face as Vernon attacked the evil Mr. Ratburn. "Don't look!"

A second later, the battlefield was filled with the sounds of cheers, and you thrust Alfonzo's paws off your face. Yup, Mr. Ratburn was clearly dead.

The death of their leader send the Wacks into a fervor. The panicked rats scattered in all directions, and the victorious Macs took advantage of the situation to take care of the last few Wacks.

"Y/N!"

You turned around at the sound of Vernon's voice. "Vernon?" you said, surprised. "How did you get up here so fas-"

Before you could say anything, Vernon had his lips pressed against yours.

"Y/N," Vernon said, pulling away. "I love you."

"I-I love you too," you said, smiling.

He smiled back and wrapped his strong arms around your waist. "Y/N....there's something I need to ask you."

"What is it?" you said, wrapping your arms around the back of his neck.

"Y/N...." Vernon began, looking a little shy. "Will you rule over this kingdom with me?"

"Of course," you say, hugging him tightly. He hugged you back, but pulled away once a shout went up amongst the Macs on the battle field below.

"The battle is over," he told you. "We won."

Vernon slung an arm around your waist and the two of you walked towards the edge of the balcony. "Fellow Macs!" Vernon called.

At the sound of his voice, the Macs gathered below.

"Fellow Macs, we have finally conquered the Wacks. We have stopped their plot to dominate the entire sewer system, and we have finally avenged my mother!"

A cheer rang out amongst the Macs.

"Fellow Macs," Vernon continued. "Let us live in peace, and harmony. I, Vernon, the Vermin King, promise to protect and rule over this colony as long as I may live alongside Y/N, the Vermin Queen!"

The rats cheered.