chapter seventeen

Fun fact: I actually have black roses in my room. And I haven't updated in years!! Forgive me, s'il vous plaît🙏🏼!

"One strawberry and one chocolate smoothie, please." Jonathan orders and the waiter writes it down before looking at us.

"Anything else?" He asks and we shake our heads. The waiter walks away, leaving us alone.

"How did you know strawberry smoothie is my favorite?" I ask with suspicious eyes. "And how did you know I love this place?"

"Oh come on, who doesn't love Jerry's Famous Deli? I read your diary." He says and at first I get big eyes, though I know he's just joking, then my chocked face softens into a smile.

"Seriously, how did you know?" I ask, and he smiles at me.

"I remember that you used to order it every time you came here, when I worked here. So, I just kept that in mind." Jonathan answer and I raise my eyebrows.

"You just, 'kept it in your mind'? Why?" I say with a laugh and Jonathan smiles.

"Because I thought that, if I ever got to call you mine, then I would take you here and order a strawberry smoothie for you. So I did." He says. I'm not really a 100% sure of what he means, but I kinda figure.

"You're telling me you liked me before the history project?" I ask and Jonathan looks at me then laughs a bit embarrassed.

"Yeah. And I was too shy to talk to you, because I thought you had no interest in me, what so ever." He says. "Then your birthday came, and I saw my opportunity and reason to start talking to you."

That's actually adorable. I never thought in a thousand years that Jonathan had eyes for me before the project thing.

"I knew you weren't just nice to me." I say and Jonathan laughs while lowering his head.

"You just wanted to get me in bed didn't you?" I tease him and he rolls his eyes with a smile on his lips.

"Yeah, because that's typical me. You got me." He says while looking at me and I laugh. The waiter comes back with two big glasses of smoothie stacked on a tray in his hands.

"One chocolate and strawberry." He says and puts the smoothies down in front of us.

"Thank you." Both me and Jonathan says and the waiter smiles at us before walking away once again.

"This is so good. I haven't have a smoothie in forever." I say and Jonathan smiles at me.

"You're so cute." He says and I give him a murderous look, which he just laughs at.

He looks at me for several seconds, and gosh that look makes me wanna grab his face and kiss him forever.

"You wanna dance?" He asks and I look at him with big eyes.

"Me, dance?" I say and he smiles.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" He says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, incredible." I say sarcastically. Jonathan stands up, holding his hand out for me and I look up at him.

"Dance with me." He says. That's not a question, it's a demand.

I look at him for a couple of seconds before I gently lay my hand in his. He smiles as he leads me out to the dance floor, leaving our smoothies on the table. As we reach the dance floor "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis Presley starts to play. Something tells me that it's not a coincidence.

He pulls me closer by putting his hands on my waist and I can't help but let a smile free to dance on my lips. I lay my arms on his shoulders while looking up at him. All I can focus on is his blue eyes.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

"Romantic." I say and Jonathan shrugs.

"Yeah, well... I'm trying." He says which causes me to smile.

"I thought you didn't like clichées?" I say and he smile down at me.

"For you I'll make an exception."

Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

I rest my head against his chest, hearing his heart beating as we move to the music. I close my eyes, breathing in the smell of Jonathan and a feeling of safety fills my body as we dance for what feels like forever.

~

The night comes to an end but I still have a smile on my lips as Jonathan pulls over to the sidewalk in front of my house. He turns the engine off and the silence settles. He looks at me with his mouth half open and I can't help but smile. The way he looks at me right now makes my whole body thirst for more.

"So." He says, still with his eyes attached on me and a warm feeling fills my stomach. I look at him and feel my heartbeat raises.

"So...you wanna come in?" I ask and a smile slowly creeps onto Jonathan's face as he answers.

"Yeah sure."

The cold weather surprises me once again. Even though I know it's freezing cold outside I always gasp for air. It's dark - really dark - but the streetlights simplifies my ability to see where I put my feet(guys this sentence makes no fucking sense, just ignore it aight?😹).
There's ice on the driveway so it's so hard to stay on the feet, like, it's impossible. Jonathan keeps his hand on my arm, to make sure I don't fall and also to make sure he keeps his balance.
We eventually make it to the front door and I turn to Jonathan as I try to get my keys out of the pocket.

"We have to be quite, 'cause I don't think my mom's up and we don't wanna wake her up." I say in a low voice and Jonathan nods his head in agreement. I turn towards the door as I manage to get the keys up.

"But I think that'll be difficult, considering last time, if you know what I mean." Jonathan mumbles from behind and to hear his voice like that makes me shiver.

"Shut up!" I hiss at him with a smile as I open the door. We get inside nice and easy, and I stand quiet for a second to hear if the tv is on, but it isn't. Jonathan almost falls over as he tries to take his shoes off by balancing on one of his feet.

"Omg Jon, can't you take your shoes off like regular people?" I whisper loudly and he looks innocently at me.

"Regular people bores me." He whispers back and I roll my eyes though I don't think he sees it since it's so dark here.

"Come on." I whisper and take his hands. We start climbing the stairs, and of course Jonathan has to trip on one of the stairs and groan in pain.

"Jonathan Brandis, I'm starting to believe that you want to wake my mom up?" I turn around and he bites his lips as he gets back up on his feet.

"I wouldn't dream of it." He mumbles and smile before gently kisses me on the lips.

"You are so clumsy." I mumble against his lips as I pull my hands through his hair.

"Hey, could we continue in your room because I don't feel comfortable making out in the stairs." He mumbles and I have to press my lips together so I don't laugh.

"That's a good idea." I whisper and smile.

HA I'm such a tease, ugh.