Neville Longbottom x Reader

You walked into the Gryffindor common room and sat down on one of the couches by the fire. You had a lot of homework to do, but you didn't really care. You were relaxing and enjoying the warmth when you heard someone else come in. The person sat down next to you on the couch and you finally looked up.

"Oh hey Neville." You smiled. Neville had been your best friend besides Hermione and Ginny since first year.

"Hey (Y/n)." Neville replied. "Don't you have homework to be working on?" You shrugged.

"Yeah, but I don't really feel like starting it yet." You heard Neville chuckle a little.

"Well, I'm starting mine now. If you want to join me and get it over with, I'll be in the library." Then he left.

You sat on the couch for a minute more, and then decided to take the offer. You excitedly grabbed your bag and ran to the library. When you got there, you saw Neville sitting at one of the tables as if he were expecting someone.

"Took you long enough. Ready to get started?" You nodded and took a seat next to him. "Let's start with herbology." He suggested.

"Sounds good." You smiled and got out your textbook, ink, quill, and parchment.

~~~Time Skip~~~

You were finally done with your work and started to pack your things when you saw the time.

"Oh no! It's past curfew!" You quickly gathered everything and ran through the corridors to the common room, with Neville not far behind you.

"(Y/n), wait!" Neville called after you. He didn't seem as hurried as you were to get back. You slowed down.

"What is it, Neville?" You stopped to let him catch up. He seemed really nervous about something.

"It's just, I figured we might not have to head back right away." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"What? Neville, if someone catches us out here, they'll think somethings up. We could get in a lot of trouble." You couldn't understand why he was stalling so much.

"Well, I just... I wanted--no, I needed--to tell you something." He looked you in the eye.

"Go on, then." You smiled sweetly, giving him your full attention.

"I.... Um, never mind." As soon as he finished saying it, you could tell he regretted it.

"Oh. Um, okay. We should head back." Neville nodded and followed you.

"Oi! Why didn't you tell her, mate?" You turned around to see Ron Weasley looking confused at Neville.

"Tell me what?" You inquired.

"That he's in love with you." Ron blurted out. Neville turned bright red.

"Oh-- wait, what?" You blushed as well. Neville turned to you.

"I like you, (Y/n)." He said quietly.

"I think you mean love." Ron piped up. You chuckled.

"Well, that's good because I love you too." You smiled up at him.

You stood on your toes and tried to kiss him on the cheek, but he turned his head so you caught him on the lips. It was kind and sweet, and you enjoyed it.

"Oi, get a room!" You were interrupted by Ron making a gagging motion and you laughed.

You and Neville walked back to the common room hand in hand, all the while Ron was talking about letting him plan your wedding. Looks like your life just took a turn for the better.

Alright! I got another one done! Please leave requests with your house, a character, and a basic plot line. (I don't make any girl X readers sorry.)