Surprise

Walking straight to the woods, I was deep in my thoughts. "Do my parents not like me?" "Am I really so annoying  around  visitors?"I kicked a stone on the floor, crossed my arms and  started walking faster. The forest was closing in, I could now hear the wind rustling and brushing through the leaves of the trees, and  the owls singing their lullaby. Soon I was walking inside the woods, I stopped and turned on my torch and kept walking,the snow crunching and squeaking under my winter boots.

I heard a rustling noise, frozen on the spot, I listened, it was nearing in, coming closer by the minute. Finally, my instincts kicked in and my brain started working, my feet started moving, I was running, deeper into the woods, adrenaline rushing through my body, my heartbeat getting quicker. The noise followed me, I don't know for how long I was running but then out of nowhere this big creature ran right in front of me across to the other side of the woods. Still running, and trying to find out what it was,  I  was  flinging my torch in front of me trying to see where I was going. I fell, and stumbled to the cold, icy floor, my torch rolling away in front of me. My head hurt, my legs ached, and my throat was burning. I felt a sudden dizziness, my vision blurred. When my vision returned to normal, I saw this big, majestic and beautiful wolf standing right in front of me. It came closer, my heart accelerated again, the wolf kept coming, I tried to move but I badly hurt my knee with  the fall, I tried pushed myself away from it, but my body was out of energy.

 Once the majestic wolf was millimeters away from me, I froze, his bright yellow eyes were staring at me, as if trying to look right through me. I could feel his breath on my face now, I was strongly holding myself back from trying to touch his face. His cold and moist nose touched my cheek, he repeatedly did this to my cheek as if trying to see if I was still alive. He stopped. His ears flicked up, down,  right, and left.He raised his head looking towards the town as if he was trying to figure out what was happening there. All of a sudden, he wiggled his head under my arm, his soft thick fur gliding against my hoody. He pushed his head upwards, his back muscles contracting and soon I was on my knees, one arm around his neck and the other clawing the ice.This wolf was bigger than the normal ones, maybe because he was a male? His fur was tinted with a light grey, dark brown, black and a bit of white all over. His ears were mainly black with a speck of brown and white fur.  He kept pushing me upwards, soon I was back on my feet, staring at him in disbelief. He moved a couple inches away from me and stared back at me with those astonishing big, bright yellow eyes. Walking away he headed towards my torch, he carefully grabbed it with his mouth and walked back to me, letting it tumble down before my feet.

" Go on, pick it up, don't just stare at it!" he growled. I glared at him in horror, my mouth dropped open.  " Hello? you there? Are you okay?Did the  fall bust your vocal chords or something?" I still did not answer. "Have your parents not taught you that staring is rude, and not answering questions is rude too?" "wha-at are you-u?" I stuttered. " What do I look like? I am a wolf, are you blind?"  I swallowed hard. "No, but...you can..you can speak!" I muttered " yes...? Do you not know about us?". " Us? you mean.... there is more of you? you all can..talk?" I asked. " Yes there are thousands of us,and well not all animals can talk, but all shape shifters can, yeah." My eyes grew so big to the last word that I thought they were going to pop out of their sockets. 

I had read stories and had seen movies about them but I never thought they were real, or that I would encounter one in the middle of the forest. He let out a sigh, and I felt as if he was rolling his eyes. I asked myself " Why did he just say this huge fact to a total stranger? If I would be a shape shifter, I would never say a word to anyone, scared that the normal population would react violently. So why did he just blurt this out to me as if it were totally normal?" I was ripped out of my thoughts when he suddenly started to become bigger, the fur was starting to shorten and disappear into his skin, his paws became feet and hands, the pointy ears moved down to the sides of his skull and turned round, his snout shortened, his wet black nose started to stretch into a long human nose, his yellow eyes turned into bright blue ones, his body started moving upwards straightening. There he was, tall, handsome,on two legs. A few seconds ago he was a wolf on four legs and now he was a hot guy, my age, around fifteen or sixteen standing in front of me,naked. " Let me introduce myself, properly.." he said with a stupid grin. " My name is Brandon, but you can call me B, I am a third level shifter, I am fifteen years old  I live in a nearby village here in the woods called Heartmaw, and we are now approximately nine hundred villagers, it is a pleasure to meet you." He smiled at me, showing his pearl white, and ruler straight teeth.

I smiled back at him and started to introduce myself when he interrupted me " You don't need to tell me your life story, I know everything about you,Lucy." My mouth dropped open, "how did he know who I was? Was he a secret spy or something?!" I thought to myself, and as though he had read my mind he laughed and said in a soft voice " No I did not stalk you, I am not a secret agent, you are a new shapeshifter so Ms. Brickle sent me to locate you and bring you to Heartmaw and teach you everything a shapeshifter needs to know." Again I was shocked to this information, first I find out he is a shapeshifter,and that shapeshifters exist, following that I find out there is a town for shapeshifters, soon after I get to know that this extremely hot stranger knows everything about me and last but not least I get to know that I myself am a shapeshifter too! My head was aching and swirling with all this new information. He asked me " Are you ready to go? Today is just a quick visit to the village and some simple introduction to this new world, you will be back home safely at around ten o clock. You ready?" 

"Calm down girl, it's ok, this is totally amazing, a new experience is always good in life". I told myself. Inhaling deeply the cold fresh air, I stepped a bit closer to him and said "Ok, I am ready. However, I have to be back at ten thirty, maximum!" I answered.He displayed a big smile on his face and immediately turned into that big, handsome wolf. " Hop on, you can't be that heavy". he said, wagging his tail. I frowned but obeyed, and before I knew it we were running through the woods at lighting speed, the trees and leaves were just a blur of color, my hair bun slowly untying and I was clinging for life to his thick fur with my hands, and was constantly thrown up on his back when he jumped. He was way bigger than a normal wolf, now I also knew why, this leading to me being able to ride on his back. I don't know how long we were going to be running, so I just closed my eyes, and let everything go.

________________________________________________________________________________

**Thanks for reading this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote.

Love you guys.**