Cry Out for A Shadow

The heavy rain continued to fall over London - it never lifted. It had turn into a full blown storm. But the damage wasn't just out in the streets. In the Fab Four's hotel room, the electricity had been shut off leaving the lads and their guest in complete darkness and complimentary cookies from reception to keep them happy and to apologise for the incident. Fortunate for once, they all liked their cigarettes so a lighter was never to far away.

Brona reached into her pocket and pulled out a little rose-pink lighter that had HAMBURG written down the side of it, it was a gift from George, "And God said, 'Let there be light'," she said turning on the flame giving the five of them a weak light.

John smiled, nodding his head along at her attempt of un-blinding them. But he was wearing a mischievous look on his face. The others would have picked up on his look knowing a cheeky comment or action was coming their way.

"I know it's weak, but I can see your faces," she chimed trying to find the bright side of the dark situation. She held the lighter in front of Paul's face illuminating his face enough for her to see his tremendous cheekbones and hazel eyes. "Hi, Paul."

"Hey, doll," he replied, using her old nickname and winking his right eye.

Suddenly, the light was blown out by an exhale of breath and a bloodcurdling scream escaped someone's lips while one of them jumped into their friend's arms and two others clung together, shaking. The sound of a cheeky chuckle broke the intense air.

"John!" Brona scowled as she clutched onto George while he gripped onto her, both shaking with fright from the sudden shock.

"Ringo, get off me," Paul told the drummer, who's arms were wrapped around his neck and legs were swung over Paul's arms so that Paul was carrying him bridal style.

"What?" John asked innocently, hand placed on his chest and blinked his eyes. "You think it was me who blew out the flame?"

"Hey, Bro, can you turn your lighter back on?" George asked hopefully.

Brona shook her head sadly, "I would, believe me, Geo. But I dropped it because Lennon scared me," she said, her tone filled with anger. She was easily frightened so this was not her ideal setting - being in the pitch dark and in a brewing storm.

"Look, what are you afraid? I'm here," John said softly, popping up behind her and he placed his hands on her small shoulders.

She looked up at him, "That's what I'm afraid of," she said causing the other three to burst into laughter. "But, seriously, what are going to do about the lighting issue?"

Ringo grabbed a cookie from the white plate on the coffee table beside him and took a bite before mumbling, "The lady said they'd bring up candles."

"I'll look for the lighter then," Brona said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. She went down on all fours, thanking God she changed from her skirt to jeans and began to feel the soft carpet for her lighter.

John brought his fingers to his lips, whistling loudly, "Hey, look, Brona's on her knees," he teased gaining a glare from the girl he whistled at.

"Shut up, Lennon," George and Paul scowled simultaneously and they but reached out to hit his shoulder.

Paul's eyes widened when realisation hit him like a ton of breaks. He'd done that without bring aware he'd done that and now George was looking at him with his thick brows knitted together and his eyes scanning Paul for clarity. Paul decided just to play it cool and not give his mate a pathetic explanation so he did not seem guilty. He tuned back into the world around him to see John hunkered down beside Brona probably making it up to her.