Girl Things

It'd been two hours since Paul, Ringo and the twins left the hotel room and hung out at the hotel bar drinking minerals and eating limited packets of crisps. Boredom slowly crept in for the lads as they had to behave in a certain way while in public but Brona was fine. She had Coronation Street repeats to keep her occupied.

Ringo pulled his sleeve up to look at his watch. "C'mon, let's get out of 'ere."

"Yeah," George agreed before downing the rest of his coke.

The three lads got up from their seats and put their jackets back on. They headed towards the exit, looking forward to getting back to a place where they could blow off steam before they noted the lack of presence of the young women that had accompanied them to the bar. They turned on their heel to see Brona still sitting at the bar with her eyes glued at the television, watching it with absorption. The young men walked back to her but were stopped mid-way when she spoke.

"Go ahead," she said sweetly, she looked at them from over her shoulder. "It's the last episode and it's over in fifteen minutes, I'll be fine."

Normally, one of them would stay with her, but all they wanted to do was leave. This place wasn't really their scene, the soap was hard to follow and one of them already had all the packets of crisps they were allowed and was feeling rather peckish. Ringo, Paul, and George thanked her before they ran out of here leaving her with the ability to watch telly in peace. Brona loved the lads dearly but when she was watching a programme she'd rather have no distraction, and they were the definition of distraction. Back in school days, she nearly failed a lot of class tests from ditching her studies to hang out with her mates.

"Would you like another refill, miss?" the bartender asked politely, gesturing to her empty glass.

Brona shook her head. "No, thank you."

The bartender gave a nod before taking the glass and attending to another customer. She was very content for the next fifteen minutes with no one interrupting her thoughts or expecting her to talk to them. Her blue eyes open widely when the ending credits appeared and the music began to play it out. A groan escaped her lips and her brows knitted closer together. "Why did it have to end there?!"

Returning to real life, Brona stood up from seat and stretched slightly to get her bones working again after staying in the same comfortable position for sometime. She pulled at the hem of her jumper to straighten it and pulled her hair forward before she was ready to go.

"Thank you," she called to the bartender, who flashed her a small smile.

She walked at a relaxed pace, having nowhere to be while her thoughts drifted to this evenings plans that were unknown to her. The brunette stepped aside just before she reached the open door when people, wearing clothes that she'd admired in magazines, walk through acknowledging her politeness with smiles. The door was still held open by the time they had all entered the hotel bar and it suddenly dawned on her that there was a blonde man holding it open for people, who she assumed were his company. By the look that etched on his face, he'd only notice her too and held the door open wider.

His striking blue eyes scanned her face and his lips curled upwards. "Hello."

Brona felt her cheeks flush a light pink as her eyes wandered his delicate facial features before she replied. "Hi." She didn't move through the open door till a few seconds later when she regained the knowledge of walking. As she enter the lobby, her eyes squeezed shut momentarily and she did not dare to look back as her shyness came rushing back.

When Brona knocked on the door of the hotel room, the door was opened immediately by a beaming Cyn, who pulled the brunette into the room and told her exciting news. Brian had got them reservations at a fancy London restaurant that two working and middle class could only dream of going. The two girls beamed at each other as they squealed and held each other's hands.