• Plotting •

"Sir, we have the information you requested."

"Excellent."

Oroku Saki reclined on his throne, his Kuro Kabuto beside him, though the absence of the Foot leader's helmet did little to expel the air of malevolence surrounding him. He shot an imploring glance at Tiger Claw, who nodded obediently and commanded in a booming voice,

"Foot bots, enter."

At his words, the heavy thrown room doors swung open, revealing the flawless formation of Shredder's robotic servants. Dozens of footsteps echoed in practiced unison as the small army marched forward. Silence filled the room once each soldier was in its place.

With a flick of Tiger Claw's paw, the sea of Foot bots parted, making way for the brown-eyed girl clad in black and silver armor. Her choppy bangs hid the perturbed crease in her brow, her sword thudding against her thigh in its sheath with each step she took. Karai stepped to the foot of Shredder's throne, producing a manila folder from behind her back and offering it to the evil leader.

"Our spies recently spotted one of the Turtles fraternizing with her, Shredder," She reported, eyes downcast.

Oroku Saki's eyes narrowed, his one seeing eye darkening as he squinted and flipped open the folder. Again silence flooded the throne room while he skimmed over the information, save for the flick of paper and Karai's occasional uncomfortable shuffle.

"Typical," the iniquitous man growled out, "that one of these vile Hamato imbeciles would attempt to befriend a target of the Foot Clan. And you are certain she is the one we've been searching for?"

"Question is, are you certain?" She retorted a bit icily, "You're the one who sent us all on some wild goose chase after some random girl you thought was an enem--"

"You will learn to hold your tongue, servant," Shredder spat, "After the treason you committed against your clan, against me, you are lucky to even be permitted in my presence."

He raised a fist, as if about to strike the young kunoichi, and Karai flinched, not because of the threatening gesture, but because of the remote in the Foot leader's hand with a single red button glowing in the center. Her hand flew to the electric collar around her neck instinctively.

"Answer my question," Shredder ordered.

"Almost certain," she croaked fearfully, "we've been keeping a close eye on Faline Derrickson. She fits the description of the prophecy. She still has the pendant."

Oroku Saki lowered his hand, the remote disappearing from sight.

"Which of Hamato Yoshi's sons is interfering with our plan?"

Karai's breath hitched as she uttered, "Leonardo."

An almost amused sneer ghosted across his scarred face. "Then go. Distract the Turtles. Stir up trouble, anywhere away from the Derrickson girl. Give Leonardo no choice in paying less attention to his new friend."

"Yes, Father -- I mean Oroku Sak-- I mean..."

The Shredder shot to his feet.

"I am your master," he boomed, "you are no daughter to me. You belong nowhere. You are an errand girl, no more than an animal, an expendable mutant. You, Karai, have no honor, and I will treat you as just that -- a dishonorable servant. Know your place."

"Yes, Master," The kunoichi whispered, a tear slipping down her pale face before she willed her body to morph, changing into her mutant self, cowering in her serpent form and slithering down the corridor created by the rows of Foot bots on either side of her. The leader of the Foot sank back onto his throne, gazing out over his army.

"Master Shredder," Tiger Claw mumbled, "Should we eliminate the girl? Forgive me, but does it not seem foolish to... waste time on observing when we are more than capable of taking action?"

"No," he disagreed, "perhaps, if Leonardo were to grow close with the girl we are bound to destroy, we could... kill two birds with one stone, so to speak." He turned to look at his second in command. "After all, the catastrophe with Karai was nearly that foolish turtle's undoing. Reenacting the experience with yet another would surely break him."

A sinister smile crept on the tiger's face, as he nodded once and faced the horde of Foot bots.

"Return to your duties. The destruction of Faline Derrickson has been temporarily delayed."

Shredder's army dispersed quickly, the mutant tiger following closely behind the bots. Left to his own thoughts, the man rose and strode to the vast window overlooking the city. His right hand clenched a single stone, smoothed over by years of residing in a peaceful river, a single engraving clothed in the shadows of his palm: 狼.

"Your prophecy won't stop me, Ōkami Yamada," He swore, like the person he spoke of was standing beside him, "Your warriors will be killed before they even have the chance to assemble."

Oroku Saki listened to his own words, resonating in his head above the newfound silence that blanketed the throne room.