Chapter 2 - Going Home

I do not own 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' nor any characters affiliated with the series.

Chapter 2 - Going Home

*Dani*

The soldiers stepped to the side and let me through the doors. I held my chin high, not even acknowledging their presence. They were simple soldiers, guard dogs, I was Shredder's prized warrior. I spared them a single glance and kept moving forward. Our new location was not as nice as our previous. The building secreted a thick, mildew scent and the air was slick with humidity. You had to watch where you stepped otherwise you would step right through the floorboards. As I maneuvered my way through the halls, I gripped the syringe in my hand more tightly. It had grown cold on my trip back and I needed to get it to the lab quickly.

"That didn't take you very long," a deep voice said from behind me.

I stopped and glanced over my shoulder. "I went faster than you would have." I said sarcastically.

Xavier stepped out from the shadows, a smirk on his lips. His brown hair was sticking in every direction, a clear sign he had just taken off his mask. He still wore his uniform with a few weapons still strapped to his body. A mission or training?

"Which turtle did you face?" He asked, obviously challenging me.

"Raphael," I said simply as I placed my free hand on my hip.

His eyes widened, but he composed himself quickly. "Well, I've been up against Leonardo."

I rolled my eyes and turned on my heels. "Yes, but did you actually beat him?" I laughed softly and began walking towards the lab again. I pressed the syringe against my thigh as I continued on, and shortly after Xavier was right at my side.

"So tell me, how mad was he when you beat him?" He asked.

I groaned in frustration. "Why don't you go try and fight him you'll see for yourself. Oh, that's right, you wouldn't be able to beat him."

Xavier pushed me against the wall, his eyes on fire with anger. "You're lucky I don't just kill you now." He pressed against me harder, his face only inches from mine.

I smirked, knowing I was really getting under his skin. "You think you could? I'm not scared of you."

"Just because you're Shredder's little pet does not mean you have power."

"Oh, but I think it does. I'm his prized warrior, his Akuma. You really think I don't hold more power over you? Just admit that you're jealous of me and get it over with." I said with a bored tone.

I stared him dead in the eye, challenging him to make some sort of move. Xavier never liked to show his jealousy, or emotions in general, but he always let his guard falter around me. He hadn't move - hadn't even twitched - a muscle after I had finished talking. Then, he closes the space between us and pressed his lips against mine. I tensed, unsure of what to do. He seemed to pour so many emotions into this one kiss. Frustration, admiration, desire, they slammed into me with so much force. I pressed my hands against his chest and pushed against him with all my strength. He stared at me in surprise, as if my reaction wasn't what he wanted. I scowled in disgust and turned on my heel to head towards the lab again.

By the time I reached the lab I had calmed down, but I still felt the anger in the put of my stomach. A scientist approached me and took the syringe from my hand. He looked angry with me, but I didn't care. I left them to their experiments and hoped they would be able to get out enough mutagen to ease Shredder's pain. Making sure I was alone, I made my way towards the exit of our fortress. I couldn't remain inside these walls and decided to head to my special place, somewhere that made me feel at peace and calm.