T H I R T E E N

Melanie

"Wow darling that's so cool!" I said enthusiastically towards Belle as she kept telling me to look over at her as she played with her dolls on the end of the bed. "Mommy look." She said again for the tenth time in the last two minutes. "I see you Belle, good job." I smiled at her while continuing painting my nails.

After a day of driving we were driving through Maryland right now making our way to the next state. One day down three more months to go. It had been a couple hours since the tour bus had parked at a rest stop and the boys had been picked  up from where the bus was parked and went off to a radio talk show.

I did know exactly when they would be back but I was hoping soon so we could go back on the road. I didn't feel comfortable leaving the room knowing Eleanor was sitting somewhere on this bus, waiting for me to come out of hiding and to attack like the predator she is and say random none sense.

I could admit it was immature keeping myself locked up in here like a caged animal and especially for my child but after yesterday I didn't want to get in to anything right now.

The only person I was really talking to was Harry and even him I still wasn't too confident in when it came to friends on the bus. I had come here because we had no place to go and it was in a time of need, it still was a time of need. I had no way to support my daughter right now and even though I was mad at the guys and still uncomfortable with them for constantly defending Louis when he was in the wrong, they are still helping me support my daughter and I didn't want this situation to blow up in my face when financial right now we were safe.

Thinking about it if I had never reconnect with the boys I would have had to go to a homeless shelter and I don't even know what would have happened if we did.
"Mommy look at me!"
Shaking my head from the thought I looked back down at Belle still playing once aging showing me the same thing.

"Wow sweetie!" I smiled once again until she looked back down at her toys as I continued to finish my nails.

"Mommy I'm hungry."

I looked back down and sighed, I knew this was coming and I very much didn't want to leave this room. I'm sure the boys would be back soon and Harry did say he's probably bring some food home.

I should just tell her to wait a little longer.

"Yeah okay, lets go." I told her and stood up and helped her to the floor. I wanted to say no but I could never be selfish to the point where I wouldn't get her a snack because I felt uncomfortable, I wasn't that evil.

"Let's see what we can go find for you and than maybe we can try and nap together, how does that sound?" I suggested as she nodded her head as I took her hand and lead her towards the little kitchen area.

I could see through the corners of my eyes I could see Eleanor sitting on the sofa but I tried my best not make its seem as if I was only paying attention to getting what I came for.

I ripped open the fruit snacks throwing the piece of rapper I ripped off fall to the floor as I watched Belle furrow her eye brows and bend down to pick it up and put it back in my hand as I put it in my sweatshirt pocket.

"I read somewhere those can give you cancer."

I moved my eyes and focused on Eleanor as looked looked her up and down sitting in the sofa flipping through a magazine not even bothering to make eye contact with me.

"Do you mind no saying something like that while I'm feeding it to my child?" I barked at her slightly offended. I watched her I until she let out a huff of air and flipped a page of her magazine. "I'm just saying, all the sugar not too good for the body." She shrugged off my glaring.
"She's not concerned with self body image, so I think a pack of six fruit snacks won't do much harm so keep you opinions to yourself if you know what's good for you." I threatened shrugging my shoulders right back.
Finally putting down her magazine she had looked up at me with her lips parted with a surprised look on her face. I turned around and grabbed two water bottles from the fridge and grabbed Belle's hand to lead her back into the small room before we could take two steps Eleanor's voice called out "Is that a threat?"

I couldn't tell if I had intimidated her or she was mocking me but either way I had quickly turned around to face her and looked her dead in the eyes "If it needs to be yeah." And turned around heading back to the small box what now controlled my life.

DO NOT READ AFTER THIS CHAPTER
[The rest of the story isn't edited yet and names and story are different]