Wake me up (An Avi Kaplan/Pentatonix fan fiction)

"Bring me a beer, sweetheart."

"You're welcome."

Rude. I hate this place. I walk behind counter as I pull a glass out of the cabinet and fill it with beer. This wasn't really what I was expecting from LA. I came here to make one of my biggest dreams come true and I ended up as a waitress. Could not have been better, why am I complaining? I'm a waitress in the worst named club in the place. And welcome to the american dream.

"How long does it takes your ass to bring a beer on my table?!"

Did I say rude?

"Comin'!" I place the glasse on the table in front of me, but when I turn around I feel a hand on my butt. I jump away from him and I turn my self so that I'm facing him. "I'm not punching you because I need this job. Keep your hand in your ass, jerk!"

"Temperated" He grins. I hate this guy. He smells of alchool and has an ugly mustache over his lips. "I like that."

I turn on my heels as I take other orders and eventually I make it through the end of this long and stressfull day. I take my money from Tim, the owner, put my jacket on and rush out of the door. I just want to go home. And by that, I mean my home, with my mom and my family. God, I really miss them. I miss Italy so much that I don't really know how am I going to survive these last five weeks. This is so hard.

As I walk, I hear someone's steps behind me. I glance back to see the man from the club with the corner of the eye. I rush my pace as I turn around the corner. He turns with me. I keep walking trying to think how to lose him as I see someone's car parked just beside the road. This is going to be so embarassing. I go around the car, open the door and jump in with a smile. I don't look at the owner of the car as he talks.

"Excuse me?.."

"I'm sorry, I'm in trouble, I am pretty sure someone is following me."

He's obviously a man judging by his deep voice. I look back and I see the man standing on the sidewalk for a couple of minutes. Then he looks at the car, he turns back and he walks away. I sight in relief as I lean my head back on the sit.

"That was close."

"I'm sure it was."

I look at the man: he's smiling at me. He has long hair coming out of a black beanie in soft dark curls, vibrant green eyes and a beard on his chin and jaw line. I'm sure I've seen him somewhere, but I can't remember where. I smile at him trying to put on my face the best puppy eyes he's ever seen. 

"I'm sorry I have entered your car, really sorry. I was freaking out 'cause that guy was giving me trouble at work and scared me."

He shakes his head.

"No prob. Do you want a ride home?"

I look at him for a second.

"It's okay, my home is not far from here."

"He could be back."

He's right. Ow well, in that case...

"You've got a point. I really don't want to disturb though."

"I'm offering you a ride, and I was going home anyway. You're not disturbing me."

He seems so sincere. I smile and nod.

"Thank you."

"It's okay." He starts the car and pull out of the parking. He asks me where I live and I give him directions. "Does that guy knows where you live?"

"Of curse he doesn't! I don't even know him, he's just a customary client at the place where I work."

"Where is it?"

I smile at him.

"Why should I tell you? So you can creep me off too?" He chuckles. Isn't it hot in here?

"I was talking about your house. Where do I have to pull by?"

See, I told you. That's embarassing. In fact, I feel my cheeks going pink as I smile at him.

"Sure. I-I'm sorry. It's the green one."

He pulls by my block and he puts on the hazard lights. I place my hand on the car and turn at him.

"Thank you for the ride..."

"Ow, I'm sorry!" He offers me his hand. "I'm Avi."

I shake it smiling at him.

"Julie. Thank you again!" I say as I get off the car, running up the stairs and pulling my keys out of my purse. I still hear the rumbling of Avi's car as I manage to open the door. I turn to him and wave entering the house. When I close the door I hear the engine rumbling as he goes down the street. I happen to smile as I turn the lights on. I go in the kitchen to drink some water and I see two blue tickets on the counter. They have "Pentatonix" written on them and "VIP" on the back. I look at the note it on the fridge.

Hey! I got two VIP tickets to the PTX show on friday! I know you don't even know them but please! See ya tomorrow girl! XoXo

It's Hilary's writing. She's my only friend here, and my housemate. She's twenty four while I am twenty two, I consider heras  a sort of "big sister". I've known her for a while now. It's been almost a month since I came here and we clicked immediately. Plus, her grandparents are italian, so she's not complaining about my cooking. Well, no one here as ever complained about italian food but well. I place the glass in the sink and I walk to my room. I put on my Pjs and rush under the covers. My body release all the stress I've gone through the day and I get cozy, I fell asleep almost instantely.