Chapter 2

“WAKEY WAKEY TIME!” Hilary jumps on my bed. I grunt. She works as a shop assistant, and she usually wakes up early in the morning. But I don’t.

“Shut. Up.”

“C’mon! I need an answer!”

“An answer to what?”

“To tomorrow’s show! Listen, this is the fact: Daniel was going to come with me, but he’s stuck at home with his parents and he asked me to go anyway. But I really don’t want to go alone, so…”

“Couldn’t you ask someone else?” I say, sitting up in my bed.

“I actually don’t. I don’t know anyone beside you two. Please, Julie! You will like them, thery’re a capella! Just voices! What have you got to lose?”

“Nothing, except for work.”

Her face drops. She hadn’t thought of that, I know.

“Say you’re not feeling good!”

“I’m not a liar.”

“It’s not lying…” I give her a look and she goes on. “Okay, that’s a lie, but it’s a tiny little one! And it’s for good. Let’s put it down this way: you go with me, I’ll clean the house for two weeks.”

“Starting from now.” I get up going in the bathroom.

“So you’re coming?”

“Whatever, yeah I’m coming.”

She jumps from the bed hugging me.

“You’re the best, made in italy!”

“Stop calling me like that! I’m going out for a walk.”

“Whoa, I’m coming too!”

“Ah.-ah” I shake my finger to her face. “Did you miss something? Like “Starting from now”?”

“B-but… You…”

“I am having breakfast, and then I’m going out for a while. You are cleaning the house. Got that?”

“You’re mean.” She says, going out from the room.

“No, I’m being fair. We’ve got a deal.”

“Sure, whatever!”

I smile. She’s a very good friend. A little annoying, sometimes. But still a good friend. After I get out of the bathroom I dress up with some pattern leggins, a long white sweatshirt and my back lace boots. I put my hair up in a messy bun put on some mascara. I get my wallet and my iPhone in my purse, wrap a red scarf around my neck and go down the stairs.