chapter 1 ⚡ Pilot

Outfits in the external link

Opening

It was sunny in the beautifully cloudy sky.

Barry: (voice over) "To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that? Good."

A red streak was zooming through the streets of Central City.

Barry: (voice over) "You see that red blur? That's me."

A flame was hurling through the sky at the speed of light, flying.

Vera: (voice over) "And that flying flame? That's me."

Ice was building up quickly on the street, making robbers that were trying to make a getaway slip on the ice and fall to the ground.

Aurora: (voice over) "And that's the work of me."

A robber was punched in the head, falling into a car, denting it.

Logan: (voice over) "And me. Logan Hemmings. The man with strength, and with power that he has no idea he possesses yet."

The red streak was zooming through the streets.

Barry: (voice over) "My name is Barry Allen. I'm the fastest man alive."

The flying flame soared through the sky.

Vera: (voice over) "I'm Vera Mitchell. And I am literally made of fire."

There was a closeup of white-gloved hands that emanated fog like dry ice.

Aurora: (voice over) "To say that Aurora Swan is an ice princess would be an understatement."

The image of lightning, ice and fire twirled together around the image of strength.

Logan: (voice over) "There's no shortage of heroes in Central City. There's no shortage of villains, either. It might take the four of us and more to save it from them and itself."

Flashback 1 - 14 Years Ago

March 18, 2000

Day - Street

Young Barry Allen was running down the street, away from a group of bullies.

Barry: (voice over) "My story is pretty simple. My whole life, I've been running. Usually from bullies. Sometimes I escaped."

The four bullies tackled Young Barry to the ground, beating him.

Barry: (voice over) "Sometimes I did not."

Allen House - Living Room

Nora Allen was fixing up Young Barry's bruises. "Tell me what happened."

"Those guys were picking on kids, just because they thought they weren't cool," Young Barry told her. "It wasn't right."

"I know," Nora told him.

"I guess I wasn't fast enough," Young Barry told her.

Nora shook her head. "No. You have such a good heart, Barry. And it's better to have a good heart than fast legs."