#7: Cancer

Ethan, Grayson and their mom had been waiting for an hour. Waiting for news about Lily. Grayson hadn't stopped pacing back and forth. Ethan was staring at the floor and their mom was trying to calm Grayson down.

Eventually, the doctor came. "Lily Lovegood?" They jumped up to the name. "She is currently sleeping. We have ran a few tests and found that her cancer has grown". Grayson's breath was caught in his throat. "Her doctors predicted she would have a long life, but not as long as everyone else. But with the cancer growing, she won't have long. I'm sorry" The doctor apologised. A tear escaped Grayson's eye and fell to the floor.

"Can we see her?" Grayson asked. The doctor nodded his head and led them to Lily's room. As they opened the door, Grayson saw her lying in bed. She seemed so peaceful. She had an oxygen mask on to help her breathe. She was sleeping so peaceful. Grayson sat on the side of her bed and held her soft hands in his. He brought her hand to his lips and planted a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

"We'll leave you two alone" His mom said, pushing Ethan out the door.

"Lily" Grayson started. "I'm not sure if you can't hear me, but... I want you to fight. I want you to fight to live. I know you feel like you're alone, but you will never be alone as long as I'm here. I want you to fight everything that comes your way, so you can be with me. I want you to come back to me. I need you here. Ever since I met you, I have been the happiest I have ever been in forever. I need you. I don't think I could live without you. I know I have lived without you for over 16 years, but I don't think I can do that again. I can't go a second of the day without thinking of you! I need you, Lily. You probably don't need me, but I  need you!"

Grayson let the tears run down his face. He cried for a while when a voice spoke to him. "There's nothing to cry about. Please don't cry. I'm fine". Grayson looked up at Lily. She was smiling at him with her big brown eyes. He threw himself on her and pulled her into a hug.

"Lily!" He exclaimed. She giggled at him. They hugged for a while longer. He broke the hug and gave her an embarrassed smile. His face turned red as he said, "How long have you been awake? Did you hear what I was saying?"

"I woke up a fee seconds ago. I only heard you saying how much you need me" she smiled at him. His face turned redder than ever. She giggled at him. "Just so you know... I need you just as much as you need me" she said. He looked at her in surprise. She smiled at him. He smiled back.

As she smiled at him, his heart skipped a beat. He saw how beautiful she looked in the light. He realised how beautiful she is everyday- from the first day he saw her, until now. Her pink lips smiling at him, revealing her dimples. Her brown eyes making him feel warm inside. He realised then, he was in love with her.

When he smiled back, she had butterflies in her stomach. His smile brightened her day. His dimples could be seen. His perfect white teeth shone in the light of the hospital room. His big brown eyes staring longingly at her. She felt like her heat had skipped a beat. She never knew until now, she was in love with him.

He began leaning in. She leaned in as well, closing the space between them. There lips smashed together. Just as he expected, her lips were soft against his. It felt like fireworks were going off. They had felt nothing like that before in their lives, until now. They knew there's something special between them. Whether it's their minds wanting them to think they were special, or their hearts telling them they were in love.

The door opened and a voice destroyed their moment. "I knew it! I told you! I knew they'd get together eventually!" It was Ethan. They broke away and looked at nothing, their faces turning red. Ethan was standing in the door way with his mom. They were smiling at the young couple in the room- well, Ethan was smirking at his twin.

"You two look cute together" Mrs Dolan said.

"Thanks, mom" Grayson said, slightly embarrassed. He was smiling at the floor. Lily was trying to suppress a giggle as Grayson's face got redder. "I think we should let Lily rest. After what happened, she needs her rest". Ethan shook his head at his brother, the smirk still plastered on his face. Ethan, Grayson and Mrs Dolan left the room and sat in the waiting room. Lily watched as they left the room. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.