Chapter Seventeen Part Two: Family Night

Dominic

"Grazie mama." I gave my madre a peck on the cheek. I took the food she gave me followed by Leo and placed them on the table. Claire had no idea how much effort the mom's put into making Family Night work, she's always been so stubborn about it and never considered that its difficult to make it happen every time. But Claire is the princess and no one wants to let her down.

"This is a feast." Leo commented putting his hands on his hips and looking impressed at the table covered in food. I shook my head, surely everyone will gain at least 2 pounds in weight today.

We plopped down on the sofas, I tilted my head back and closed my eyes. I felt soft brushing on my eyelids and opened them to find Clarissa smiling down at me, I looked to Leo who sat smirking his ass off and frowned.

"Tired?" she sat next to me, leaning closer than socially acceptable.

"No. Waiting." I looked at her sceptically and then returned to my lazing.

I heard shuffling from the stairs, Claire and Abrielle came tumbling over pushing each other around, I turned to find Amara smiling at the two. Whilst Claire and Abrielle were wearing their usual silk and lace shorts and tanks, Amara wore a single silk and lace nightie that was black with a matching kimono which I assumed was her way of 'covering up'. She didn't know it but she could be quite slutty at times.

Although I can't deny that I definitely don't mind.

Amara's gaze flicked to Clarissa sitting beside me, I turned to look at the heiress who held a devilish smile on her lips. Rolling my eyes I walk over then grab Amara's hand and drag her over to the sitting area, at this point Claire and friend have stopped fighting and are watching quietly.

"Sit here." I sat down across from Clarissa pulling Amara onto my lap, she let out a gasp and I smiled. I gave her a quick wink. She pulled her legs in and rested her head on the back of the chair.

Claire and Abrielle got up from the floor and sat either side of Clarissa with smug looks on their faces, I was glad for my sister's awful tendency to intervene for once as she grabbed Clarissa's hand in both of hers and whispered in her ear. Clarissa glared at her then ripped her hand out of her grasp causing Leo to lose his cool and start laughing uncontrollably.

We heard mom answering the door before the other ten people arrived. I smiled at my usual rivals Taddeo, Uberto and Rocco – they made it their missions to challenge me ever since we were children, in sports, grades and well... girls. Taddeo's brows shot up at he sat on the sofa to our left, Uberto made some suggestive sounds and Rocco rolled his eyes. I didn't mind, up until Taddeo sent a wink which immediately made Amara tense.

The two twins – Rose and Rosalie – walked in giggling at something then stopped when they saw me and sat down quietly on a single armchair. They've always been the quietest little things, they joined the familia just last year. Following them was the biggest sluts this side of the equator, I was almost one hundred percent sure they'd slept with every single man in the familia and a couple married men also. Venetia and Veranese were everything women shouldn't be, with no intent of ever settling down or bearing children.

Marius and Nek walked in talking about something, Nek always made me extremely uncomfortable – he was touchy and also there was the fact that he was gay and had a hard core gay crush on me. Marius was just a good kid, he had the best grades and I was sure he'd do well working in the intelligence portion of the mafia.

Then Claire's friends Sophie, Amber and Joane walked in. Claire squealed and hugged them all individually, girls were so confusing – I was sure Claire was telling me just the other day how she was tired of all her model friends. Now her model friends are here and she's acting like it's the best thing to ever happen. Sophie and Amber gave Amara warm smiles as they sat on the sofa with Claire, Clarissa and Abrielle. Joane didn't address anyone as she sat on the beanbag next to the couch.