Chapter Thirty-Three: Informant

Amara

I wasn't going to bother Dominic. Mainly because I looked like I'd had an allergic reaction and had slept in Claire's room last night, I was wearing the most ridiculously rugged dress. We'd crawled in here last night and simply collapsed. No one checked on us and no one asked questions. Smart.

I'd given him a lot more to think about, he was probably trying to figure out why I was such a mess and that's okay. I'll give him time to really think about it and then when he gives up and just asks me. I won't tell him jack sh-t. 

Dominic

I was pretty light-headed. I hadn't wanted to approach Amara in her emotional state so I slept on the couch in the smoking room, which is where I woke and started smoking more marijuana. Time was passing slower, I was much clearer in my thoughts. I liked this room because there wasn't anything to distract me, I couldn't be bothered to get food and I usually just thought the best solution was to smoke some more.

Really good thinking time.

Amara

"I think," Claire cleared her throat, "After we get cleaned up, we can put on some large shades and head out for a movie. How about it?"

"Sounds solid." I replied, stretching.

"Anything to get out of this house." Abrielle agreed.

"And anything to get all that out of my mind." Clarissa added.

We all went our separate ways to get ready. I was slow opening the bedroom door but the bedroom was empty, I sighed starting to peel off the dress that now itched a little and looked like it had been dipped in clumpy melted chocolate. Not the good kind.

I had a few shower thoughts. I hadn't realised how psychologically distressed Clarissa and I were until last night, we both seemed so perfectly fine and so happy. But everyone has their problems, I see that now. I wondered if I looked that perfectly fine on the outside?

I also missed Dominic, I hope he would stop thinking soon so I could finally use those cuddle coupons. I also really needed a kiss right now. The nagging Nancy in my brain threw a nasty thought at me. That kiss wouldn't really mean anything would it?

I grunted switching the shower off and getting out. I brushed my teeth, flossed and washed my face. I left my hair out to air dry and pulled on a dark pair of jeans, lacy white top and bra. Then adding on a black hat, black bag and black ankle boots. I didn't forget the shades to cover my disgusting puffy eyes, I poked at them a little but then slid the shades on and walked out.

"You look cute." Claire comment hooking her arm in mine as we headed out to the car. 

"Thanks." I smiled, Clarissa was sitting in the car with her hair out and wearing shades too. We were both doing an expert job of hiding the marring of our faces.

Dominic

I stared with the frown. My vision was kind of out of focus, I brought the folder closer to my face. I put both the blunt and folder down, I'll wait for my vision to clear up. I groaned as Leo entered the room.

"What are you doing?"

"Research."

He picked up Amara's file. His eyebrows shot up, "You don't think this is your fault?"

"I'm considering it. But that doesn't mean it can't be someone else's fault too."

He shook his head tossing the folder back onto the table, he fell into the armchair and continued to be an alcoholic. He watched me as I laid with my eyes closed.