Chapter Eighteen: Sunday Brunch

Dominic

Clarissa came back into the room, looking once again mindlessly at her nails. We watched as she sat down, I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Where's Amara?" Claire said with an accusing tone.

"She went up to bed." Clarissa monotoned.

I growled, "Great. I will too." I got up then began walking, Claire grabbed my arm.

"Just hold on," she ran into the kitchen. "Amara loves pizza." She smiled handing me a platter with a fresh pizza on it, she walked back to the opening of the living room but didn't enter without giving me a wink first. I forget sometimes how grateful I am for my little sister.

I jogged up the stairs, three at a time then started walking slowly once I got up there. I slowly turned the knob.

"Knock knock. Principessa ... che quello che ho ottenuto per voi?" I sang opening the door ever so slowly. I frowned a little at the sight of Amara face down on the bed, arms and legs out like a starfish.

"I don't understand your words."

"Guess what I've got?" I stretched over placing the pizza right in front of her face, she lifted her head up and gasped.

"Yay." she breathed.

I laid down on the other end of the bed, "What did Clarissa say to you to get you looking so grumpy?"

"Dominic shouldn't even be having second thoughts about marrying me." she mimicked in a hight pitched voice before continuing, "You're intruding, you don't belong here and you're not even a real german." she rolled her eyes on the last one then continued, "Like I know that, I only speak it."

"Then why are you upset?"

"I'm not." I watched as she went slightly pink.

"Qualsiasi cosa tu dica." I sighed grabbing a slice of pizza, Amara followed by doing the same.

"Mhm," she looked at me annoyed, before taking a bite and moaning - which I tried really hard to ignore.

-----------------------

Amara

I felt something slide out of my hand and opened my eyes to see Claire's disgusted face, a towel wrapped around her head and an extra fluffy robe engulfing her body. Fresh out of the shower.

"What.." I mumbled. She let out a disgusted sound as she pulled me up, I looked behind me to see Dominic still in his clothes from last night. He had both hands cradling his head as he slept on his side, he looked like those cherub statues where they sleep on clouds and have their angel wings poking out.

"Ignore that," Claire waved her hand, "thing. And lets go, the brunch starts in an hour."

I gasped then stood grabbing the towel and robe Claire now held out for me, I smiled a 'thank you' and ran into the bathroom. For some reason even with the little I have to get done in the morning - I always manage to be late, even if all I was wearing was casual clothing and mascara. I took a quick shower and thanked the lord for blow-dryers as I ran one over my hair for a few minutes before it was dry.

I came out to find Claire now fully dressed, wearing a gorgeous floral jumpsuit and a full ponytail. She had her make-up done, once again reminding me of her incredible gene pool and unfairly successful modelling career. She smiled handing me a two-piece outfit, I put on a skin coloured strapless bra and invisible panties so that the lines wouldn't come out. I put the midriff top on, it was white lace and had short sleeves. Then I slid the maxi skirt part on, which was a silky chiffon fabric but also white and finished just above the ground.