This is it

"I think this is it." Hermione stood at the bathroom door. Severus was laying on the bed with a large book in his lap.

"What is it?" He said not looking away from the pages.

"Severus, I'm two weeks late." He turned and a large smile was plastered across her face.

"Two weeks?!"

Hermione laughed and ran to him throwing her arms around his neck. "Two weeks!" She pushed her face into his massaging his lips with hers.

His hands ran through her hair and he could feel her warm tears brushing his cheek. He pulled away and looked into her eyes. They were filled with water but he could see her happiness in them.

"I'm going to go check with Poppy just to be sure, but Severus, i think this is it." She let a few more tears fall as she brushed away a strand of black hair from his eyes. "We're going to have a baby!"

Hermione jumped up and pulled a shawl around her arms and over her robes. She returned to kiss Severus once more before dancing out of the room. Severus chuckled at her before returning to his book.

Hermione walked through the halls of the quiet castle. Curfew had just struck so all the students were supposed to be in their common rooms. She found a few seventh years huddled in a corner, but she told them sweetly to go where they were supposed to be and left it at that. Nothing could dampen her mood.

She made it to the hospital wing with ease. As she pushed the door open, she saw poppy pomfrey talking to a student lying in one bed with a rag over her forehead. She seemed exhausted and in pain. She stood back until poppy was finished and approached her as soon as there was a free moment.

"Oh Hermione dear! How are you?"

"I'm wonderful Poppy. And yourself?"

"Fine. Just fine." The older mediwitch grabbed a tray of potions to take back to her store room. Hermione followed close behind.

"What brings you up here this evening dear?"

Hermione wore a huge smile "well I was wondering if you could check something for me?"

Poppy gave her a confused look. "Well, of course. What is it?"

"Can you tell me if I'm pregnant?"

Poppy gave a little squeal and pressed her hand against her mouth. "Hermione! Sit! Sit!"

Hermione willingly sat down on a chair close by as poppy retrieved her wand from her nearby desk. "Now hold still, this will only take a moment."

She began muttering and waving her wand around Hermione's abdomen. She felt strange sitting there. She wasn't used to a wand pointed at her stomach.

Poppy's second squeal was confirmation to Hermione that her dreams were coming true. She stood quickly and hugged the mediwitch tightly. "A baby in the castle! Oh Hermione I'm so happy!"

Hermione laughed and jumped up and down. "Oh Merlin, I'm acting like a child!"

"Does Severus know?"

"I told him I was coming to check. But for certain, no he doesn't know."

"Well then get out of here and go tell him!" Poppy pushed her along and Hermione took off running down the corridors.

The moon was just rising over the mountains giving the castle an eerie glow. Her footsteps echoed off the stone walls. Soon, hers where not the only ones.

Hermione slowed down as she saw someone's shadow rounding the corner. "Students need to be in their common rooms." She said trying to get a stern look on her face.

"Oh hermione, lets thank Merlin that I'm no longer a student." A tall man stepped from behind the wall with dark hair and a rounded face.

"Neville?!" Hermione laughed taking him into a hug. "What are you doing here?!"

"Professor sprout is thinking of retiring, so I'm her replacement. I've been up talking to mcgonagall all evening."

"Oh that's wonderful! I would love having you here! How's Luna?"

"She's good. Still trying to write her book." He gave her an annoyed look. "She can't get past chapter 3."

"Oh she'll get there. Don't worry!" Hermione laughed and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Well I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to get downstairs. I'll talk to you soon?"

"I hope so!"

Hermione continued downstairs and slightly crashed into the sitting room where Severus was quietly waiting. His face was slightly whiter than normal and he  looked slightly terrified. He stood up quickly when he noticed her come in.

"Well?"

Hermione nodded her head in excitement and ran into his arms. She started crying and he rubbed her back. She wrapped her arms around his waist.

They stood for several minutes with him rubbing her back and she cried happy tears before he said "it better not look like me."

*******************************************
I'm horrible. I'm sorry. I promised an update soon and I didn't deliver. School has been insane. I promise I will try harder to update more often. Thanks for being patient!