GANESH CHARTUTI

05.09.2016

MONDAY

HAPPY GANESH CHARTUTI...!

Ganesh Chartuti is among the many festivals that are celebrated with great pomp and splendor throughout India. It is celebrated in honor of the elephant-headed god , the son of lord Shiva and Parvati , destroyer of evil, preacher of wisdom, Lord Ganesh. Like every other family my home too celebrated his arrival. The rituals include waking up early in the morning (I mean veeerryyy early), taking a bath, bringing Ganapa home (Reality: getting an idol of Ganapati from vendors), celebrating his arrival by pooja, adorning him with garlands of aromatic flowers, doing baskees {very similar to squats} for a reason I have no idea about , offering him a wide variety of sweets and various delicacies before we begin eating and finally Visarjan him in water asking him to come back with the same joy next year .

This year Ganesh Chartuti was a very special and a memorable one. It was the first time I was celebrating this festival with Abhi, Advi and Anki {as I had mentioned earlier they are my aunt and cousins}. It was fun to go shopping for Ganeshji's idol with all three of my brothers. Like every year I chose an eco-friendly idol to my brothers' disappointment. It was nice to explain them the importance of using eco- friendly idols and being a responsible person towards nature, celebrating religion and duties equally. The funniest part of the day was my family forcing me to do a hundred and eight baskees in the name of bringing prosperity though the actual reason was that I had skipped workout. Being a good sport it was nice to see all of them laughing their heads off together and taking turns to count. The very soul Indian festival is to celebrate togetherness and uphold the special bond of families.

Forgive me bappa because I was the one who sneaked in your modakas and kadabus before it could be offered to you...

_________________________________________________________________

Hello loves ,

I had written this days entry in two parts and this is the first and happier part of the entry. I will try to update the next part as soon as possible.

But if you like this entry PLEASE don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT below..