Ch. 9

Hal's POV

When I woke up, the first thing that came to mind was Dylan. I immediately got up and ran out the door. "Hal, wait!" I heard Dirk call. I turned around. "What, I need to get to Dylan," I said, half anxious and half irritated. "I know, but I wanted to say sorry," Dirk said. "Sorry for what?" I asked. "I'm sorry for thinking you were an annoying pair of shades that couldn't have a mind of  it's own," Dirk apologized,"Do you forgive me?" "I don't know," I said. 'You don't have time for apologies, Dylan might be dead' I thought. "C'mon, let's go visit Dylan," Dirk said with sadness in his voice. With that we headed towards the hospital.

At the hospital...

"We're here to see Dylan," Dirk said. "Names?" The nurse asked. "Dirk Strider and Hal Strider," Dirk said, smiling at me. "Oh, Dylan's been calling Hal's name, though he's not currently conscious," the nurse said. I smiled a little. "His room number is 413," the nurse told Dirk. I immediately headed towards room 413, ignoring Dirk's calls for me to slow down. The first thing I did when I walked into the room was gasp and let out a sob. I rushed over to where Dylan was.

Dylan's POV

The first thing I saw and heard was Hal. "H-Hal," I said with a weak voice. When Hal looked up he smiled a tiny bit. "Oh my god, I thought you were dead," Hal said. Then I heard the door open. I looked up to see Dirk. "Hal, how you holding up, is Dylan doing o- he's awake!" Dirk said. "Yeah, he just woke up," Hal said. Then a doctor walked in. "Hello, I'm Doctor Scratch, but you may call me Doc Scratch if you want," the doctor said. "H-Hi," I said, voice still weak. "Oh, you must be Dylan, am I right?" Doc Scratch asked. I nodded. "Now, everything on your X-Ray scans are fine except one thing," he said. "What is it?" Hal asked. "He's never going to be able to walk again," Doc Scratch said.

Dun Dun Duuuuuuun