Chapter 8: Glitter Cloud Made From Stars

The smell of raw meat filled Chat Noir's senses as he walked into the deli after he became Chat Noir his senses started to become heightened and more alert. He scanned around looking for anything that seemed out of place. To his surprise, it looked as if no one was here right now, not even the butcher which was very odd.   

He glanced around the small store, meat was behind the corner inside a freezer of some kind. His eyes wondered at all of the types of meat, licking his lips at the sight. He snapped himself out of it reminding himself that he wasn't a cat. 

The sound of laughter caught him off guide as he stared around the room wondering on where it had come off. He waited and listened, hoping to hear it again. The sound repeated once more this time he knew where it was coming from. He walked toward the back of the store to a backroom. 

He opened the door and peered inside, nothing but boxes of different things and cleaning supplies. To his surprise, it seemed much colder inside this room like he was nearing a freezer or something cold. The sound of laughter returned this time it was much louder and closer. He walked around a set of boxes and noticed a door. 

He tiptoed toward the door and slowly turned the knob, a bright light blinded him for a long moment, then the cold. Ice covered the walls and ceiling of the frozen wasteland that was the freezer.  He glanced around the freezer before closing it. He looked around the room once more, he was missing something but what. 

Then it hit him, behind some of the boxes was another door, he moved the boxes then put his ear to the door. The sound of muffled talking could be heard behind the wooden door. He slowly reached the doorknob and turned it making share not to make another noise. He pared down the stairs where a light was. He took a few steps down making sure not to make noise. The voices slowly became louder as went down.  

He stopped at the last step and stopped, he could hear the voices coming from nearby. "..Now I have to say that I am pretty annoyed with you Ladybug." spoke a voice that Chat didn't know. Maybe it was from whoever had taken his princess in the first place. He glanced around the corner and spotted Ladybug. 

In an act of both recklessness, Chat jumped out from where he had been and charged at the person in front of Ladybug. He would have to say that hadn't been his brightest moment, and even Ladybug who was glad to see him was not all that thrilled to see him do something so reckless. 

Fille Starlight quickly dodged his attack by jumping to the side letting Chat fall to the ground. He however quickly gathered himself and got up facing her. "May I ask why you're doing this?" He said in a slightly aggrieved tone. At this point, Starlight had begun to circle them like a shark would to its prey before attacking. 

His hand hovered over his staff as he watched her like a cat. Meanwhile, Ladybug began to undo the rope. Now that Fille Starlight was busy she could finally work on freeing herself and helping Chat. 

Chat and Fille both grabbed their weapons at the same time, hers was a little light blue star filled up with something shiny. She throws the container bursting on contact with the ground. Chat jumped back surprised at what she at in the store. He grabbed his staff just in time before he could get hit with another star. 

The star landed a few feet away and burst into a glitter like fog. Ladybug began to undo the ties just before the star exploded with a spray of glitter, she grabbed her yo-yo and used it as a shield as another star came flying toward her. She looked over at Chat as he looked at her, the two made eye contact, as if knowing what the other was thinking the two ran toward Fille. 

Fille panicked and smiled. "Do you think I'll be taken so quickly! haha Nope!" She yelled throwing a star to the ground letting out a cloud of glittery dust.  Then nothing, she was gone. Ladybug and chat looked over at each other. "Well then, the cat had her tongue." Chat said a smile creeping onto her face. 

"I-"Before he could speak Ladybug had her arms around him. "You scared me to death!" She said. "Ha, your the one that was taken away!" Chat said hugging her back. "Let's get going, I'm starving." Ladybug said trying to keep herself from crying.  Chat nodding taking her hand. "Let's go my lady."

~

AAAAAAA I'm sorry for not updating in months. I've been busy and I've also had writer's block. Also, I hate writing fight scenes. I hope you all liked this chapter it taken longer then I wanted it to write. Thank you to everyone that has been waiting.  

-Luna