Chapter 3 - Star's Depression

"Have you captured them?" Lion asked.

"Lion my master, we were unable to capture Flamepaw, but we successfully captured Leaf."

"Fool!" Lion roared.

He sat as a wave of uneasiness went down him as he watched Leaf struggle in defiance to get off of the rogues paws. Lion watched Scar and Berry as they stepped back scared of what Lion might do because of their failure in the mission.

Flamepaw was the one I wanted. He was the one who has the ability. Lion thought

Lion felt a burst of anger go through him and with his strong sharp claw he struck Scar with a powerful blow to the neck. Lion watched coldly as Scar choked and gagged. Blood spit out from the painful injury that Lion had caused. Berry watched, terrified. Scar's eyes suddenly went blank and the painful choking noise he made stopped.

Lion's eyes slid from Scar's over to Berry.

Berry let out a frightened shriek. "Lion my master, please let me have one more chance. Please! I beg of you!"

"That choice will be Violet's decision." Lion turned toward a beautiful young she-cat. The one cat he will never yell at, strike, or argue with. His mate.

"Violet, shall we spare this fool?" Lion warmly asked.

"Ah let him go; He is going to die soon anyway." Violet answered.

Lion nodded and dismissed Berry. Berry respectfully bowed her head and ran off.

"How's your plan coming along, dear?" Violet asked.

"Oh wonderful. I have great plans for the future of the clans." Lion snarled.

He brushed his pelt to Violet.

"They will be sorry they ever messed with us. The clans will regret it. I'll make sure they do." Lion promised.

"Lion, if I do die during battle"-

"Nonsense! You will never die. As long as you are with me. I will lead you to safety. " Lion said.

Violet briefly nodded staring at Lion for a moment, then said goodbye and wandered of.

Lion watched her go.

I will never let her die. If anyone comes in her way, I'll slaughter them. Lion thought.

The clans will not harm her like they have with my mother, father, and all of my relatives. We will take revenge for what they have done.

Lion felt a tear come across his cheek as he thought about what his ancestors have been telling him since he was a kit.

The Beginning of the Clans - 60  years back

Star walked past Blue trying to hurry up the mountain.

"Mother, I feel cold. Very cold."

"We're almost there my sweet." Star promised.

"Blue, how much longer?" Star asked.

"We only have a little bit more to go." Blue promised.

"YOU LIER! MY KIT IS STARVING AND HE'S GOING TO DIE!" Star screamed.

All the traveling cats looked at the commotion.

Blue looked toward Star. She put her paw above her stomach. Star could see her bones popping up.

"We all are starving Star. All of us. We haven't had food in two days. Blue looked towards Rock, "If we find food I promise you, the first one we will give it too is Rock." Blue promised.