Eleven

"Camila, you okay?" Dinah asked as she narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the younger girl who had been pretty silent all morning. It was clear to Dinah that something was off with her, Camila was usually always eager to give her input but today, the day that was most important, she has been acting like a walking zombie.

"I'm fine," Camila replied in a hoarse voice, her throat obviously dry.

"You don't look fine," Dinah replied, her tone laced with so much genuine concern that it almost took Camila back a little bit. "Why don't you go home for the day? You look sick and I'm actually worried."

Camila quickly shook her head dismissively, "No, there's no need for that. Besides we have so much to do for Ally if she's going to introduce the letter."

"If? I believe you meant to say, when," Captain Stone interrupted, only catching Camila's last sentence from the conversation. His smile was rather large today as he was practically beaming at the discovery of this new evidence; finally, they felt like they had the nail in Lauren's coffin, there was no denying of her guiltiness when she had a letter to affirm it. Camila knew that, yet she couldn't bring herself to feel happy or relieved over the letter as most of her coworkers were. If anything, she felt the opposite, which she knew was a problem, a very big problem. "Ally should be here in a few minutes, I want you guys to tell her this news."

Camila and Dinah nodded, not saying a word as they watched the Captain walk away. They sat momentarily in silence, Dinah bit her lip in thought before letting out a sigh. Finally she said, "So what do you make of the letter?"

"What do you mean by that?" Camila asked in confusion.

Dinah was equally confused by this answer, surely Camila had to have something, some well thought out opinion on the piece of evidence. "Oh, c'mon, you mean to tell me you see nothing wrong with the letter? There's no flaws? No hidden micro-shit between the lines?"

Camila absently shook her head, her mind was at a blank, it was as if it had too much to process and just decided to stop working altogether instead. "I hadn't thought much about it," she replied honestly with a slight shrug, "I don't know much about the science of micro-shit in letters."

Dinah looked at her in disbelief, "Okay, something is seriously wrong with you."

"Dinah, just drop it," she replied weakly, almost in a plea.

Dinah huffed, not wanting to drop anything that could be affecting Camila this much. She knows they're not even close friends, heck she doesn't even know if they are considered friends, yet she does genuinely care for Camila. She can see by the glossiness of her eyes, the blankness of her stare, that the girl she is looking at is clearly out of it and it worries her. To Dinah, Camila was the most genuine person anyone could ever come across, but genuine in her own peculiar way. She never hid the fact that she was constantly analyzing you, with her great intelligence, she was quick to call out anyone that was lying to her, and yet on top of all this, she had a natural ability to come up with probably the lamest of jokes Dinah had ever heard. After seeing Camila like this, Dinah would actually be more than willing to admit that, for how much normal Camila annoys her, she enjoys their budding friendship.

"Wanna grab a bite later with me?" Dinah asked somewhat randomly, causing Camila to be a little taken back.

"You wanna get something to eat, with me?" Camila reiterated with emphasis, a small smile growing on her face. "You wanna hang out with me," Camila said now more in a teasing manner, "Is that your way of letting me know that we're official friends?"

"Don't make me regret my offer," Dinah playfully threatened, truthfully she was happy to lift Camila's up. She also did feel like both her and Camila deserved time away from the case, and both needed each other in that sense since they relatively have no social life given how much they work.