Flashback 4

TW: Physical Abuse
--

"Your children are three already, you should have done this paperwork a long time ago," Max, a personal financial consultant, explained to Mike.

"Well I'm sorry that my wife is dying and we prioritized her needs over paperwork," Mike angrily spat back. There was faint sound of a chair squeaking behind them, as if someone was standing on it and hopping up and down, that both of them ignored as Mike continued, "Just tell me what I have to do, my wife is only getting worse and I need to be able to at least put the twins in pre-k."

The faint sound of chair now turned into the sound of someone clicking their tongue every few seconds, something that Max could no longer, "Could you make him stop that?" He asked in annoyance.

Mike sighed, before turning around, "Logan, stop that! Be quiet and color like your sister!" Mike angrily spat, gesturing towards Lauren that was sitting beside him. Unlike Logan, Lauren had no problem with sitting silently with a coloring book on her lap, but Logan on the other hand clearly did. He huffed and picked up his coloring book that he impulsively threw on the floor earlier, feeling more entertained in brief seconds as he watched it drop than he'd ever be actually coloring in it.

This wasn't the first time that Logan was yelled at by his father today, not even the first time that he was compared to his sister. "Why can't you just be more like your sister?" Logan heard him mutter, this was the first time he heard those exact words though. It will surely not be the last time, as he'll hear it again and again throughout the rest of his life and it won't only come from his dad.

"Why can't you just be more like your sister?"

Logan's caretaker, Julianne, groaned as she cleaned up the huge mess Logan made in the kitchen. She sent him to get her a water, a terrible idea on her part because Logan went from getting water to starting a food war against an "invisible army of leprechauns".

"Momma says that Lawen and I are actually the same on the inside but different on the outside, and that's what makes me and her unique," the five year old replied proudly, a big smile on his chocolate syrup covered up face.

"And you believe that, kid?" Julianne rhetorically asked while rolling her eyes, "Why do you think your sister was allowed to go see your momma today but you were not?" Julianne asked taking his hand and guiding him into the bathroom so he could take a shower.

Logan titled his head in confusion as he lifted his hands up for Julieanne to pull his shirt off, "Because dada said I wasn't allowed-"

"And why do you think you weren't allowed?" Julianne quickly said, annoyed that it was taking to long to get to her point as she started turned the shower knob, a large stream of water then beginning to gush out of the shower head.

"Uhm," Logan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, not having any idea how to answer the question, "I don't know."

"It's because your dada hates you, you're annoying. Your sister can go see your momma because she's a good girl, but you have to stay here because you're bad."

Tears began to slowly fall down Logan's face in confusion, what does Miss Julianne mean by hate? By annoy? He doesn't know what it means and he also doesn't know what he did to annoy, or receive hate from,his father, was he just not good enough? This was the first time Logan began to think so, he began to realize how much his father loved Lauren and despised him, and there wasn't anything he could do it about it. Something was just wrong with him, something just made him different. From then on he remembered Julianne's words every single time his father yelled, whether it be at home, or at a restaurant, or on the train, and it only progressively made him feel worse about himself.