Adventure Never Ends

For the New Order of the Stone, adventure never ended. It was everywhere.

They found it when they were battling the Witherstorm.

They found it on Sky City.

They found it going through the Portal Network.

They found it at the White Pumpkin mansion.

They found it at Crown Mesa.

They found it everywhere there is to find it.

However, the most recent adventure wasn't in the Portal Network. It wasn't in a mysterious new world. It was right in their home world that had taken them so long to get back to.

This wasn't just their most recent adventure. This was also the most mysterious. The one that uncovered the most secrets. The one that changed the way they looked at things. The one that was arguably the most perilous.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm being too ominous too soon. I should start where it all began, almost back from a temple in the middle of an Ice Plains Spikes biome...

--------------------------
The New Order was always on the lookout for treasure. Which is why they were out in the frozen wasteland of nowhere, on their way back from a temple.

The five of them were lighthearted, laughing and joking and playfully mocking each other. They were satisfied with the treasure they had gotten, even if there wasn't anything as special as the enchanted flint and steel.

Their journey hadn't taken them too long, and they were almost back to their town. They had been relaying the quest through the temple as they went along.

"And then that golem came out of nowhere and almost flattened Olivia..." Axel was saying.

"Yes, I know, Axel. I was there." Olivia snapped. But she was smiling too.

"At least Lukas doesn't freeze under pressure anymore." Petra added. "I can't believe he actually got there in time!"

"I'm not as surprised. Sometimes people have hidden depths." Jesse shrugged, flicking her black hair over her shoulder.

Lukas smiled at his friends. It had taken him a while, but he had finally trained himself not to freeze in terror when things got dangerous.

He was about to respond when a figure leaned out of the shadow of a tree. It was barely dawn, so the shadows were still dark. The way the person stood seemed vaguely threatening.

"Guys...there's someone by that tree over there." Lukas said quietly, nudging Jesse and Petra. They both turned swiftly to stare at the partially hidden person.

Petra immediately pulled out her sword. "Who are you?"

The mysterious person didn't answer, just took a step towards the Order. The face and most of their body was hidden, but the Order could catch glimpses of blue armor, covered with black smudges.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Axel called threateningly.

The figure took another step forward. Jesse noticed that the person was limping slightly. And those weren't smudges on the armor, they were burn marks. She realized that the figure wasn't standing in a threatening manner, as she first had guessed. Quite the opposite, actually. They looked like they were trying to stand and be dignified, but were in too much pain.

Who was this? And what had happened to them?

"Answer us now, before we attack!" Petra shouted. She swung her sword, hoping to scare off the mysterious person.

"Hold on a second, Petra." Jesse told her warrior friend. "There's something weird going on here." She stared straight at the dark figure, trying to see their face.

"Who are you? What happened?" Jesse asked calmly. "We won't hurt you. I can see that you're not okay."

"You're right." Came the raspy voice of the hidden person. They all recognized the voice, but none of them could quite place it.

The person stepped out of the shadows completely, limping.

"What the..." Petra said. Jesse gasped, and Axel stiffened in shock.

They all knew the person in front of them, his armor covered in burns and looking horribly weak.

It was Gabriel.

-----------------------
Sorry.

I shouldn't have left the first chapter as a cliffhanger. And I probably shouldn't have made the first part so ominous and foreshadowish (if that's actually a word).

Little notes that are only slightly important:

·There's only one Jesse, and it's female Jesse.

·There will be death.

·There will be as few ships as possible. Maybe a couple small ship moments, but no major shipping. (Sorry!)

·This happens after episode eight, if anyone didn't read the first part clearly.

· More cliffhangers to come

·Did I mention death?

·The story will be split up into four main parts

· There will probably be a better cover soon

·Death and destruction is on the way

That's all. Hope you enjoy the story!