Unlikely Teammates

"You're back." Aiden snapped, dropping Jesse back into the water. His voice was full of contempt and rage.

Axel stood at the shore and glared down at Aiden. "Watch it, you little jerk. We're here for a reason.

Aiden didn't look intimidated in the slightest. "Oh, I bet you are! We're finally trying to start over here, and then you show up, dredging up the past!"

Axel glared harder and raised a fist menacingly. Aiden started to reach for his sword.

"Whoa, whoa whoa. Don't get violent." Olivia said, stepping between them.

"We are here for a reason. We...need your help." Petra said hesitantly.

Another girl joined the conversation. "Good luck with that! Why should we help you?!" Maya asked bluntly. Petra bristled. She and Maya had never gotten along, so this was a disaster waiting to happen.

"Yeah. You've never done anything for us. You've only done stuff to us. What makes you think we want to help?" Gill asked, crossing his arms.

"Because the world depends on it." Jesse said. Aiden turned towards her, suspicion written all over his expression.

"Oh, so the world's ending again? But why do you need our help? Aren't you famous heroes or something?" Aiden snapped.

"Nice to see that you're still pleasant as always!" Olivia said sarcastically. Aiden glared at her, then turned his green gaze to Jesse.

Jesse didn't want to explain it all right there, with a curious crowd around them. "Can we explain it somewhere else? Please? It's...not the easiest thing to talk about, and I don't really want to discuss it around a lot of people."

Aiden watched her for a moment, thinking. "Fine." He said finally. "Let's go to the Founders. You'll be talking to them and us."

"And if that doesn't work out, then I guess what you want to say isn't as important as you thought it was." Maya added in a snide tone. Petra muttered a few choice swearwords under her breath.

The Blaze Rods led the way to a large, slightly fancy building that was at least three stories high. "This is where the Founders live." Gill explained. "Founders? As in, plural?" Lukas asked.

"Yep. Milo and Isa are sharing the power. Things have been going pretty smooth, actually."

The eight of them reached the large building, and Maya knocked on the door. It was opened by none other then  Captain Reginald, and they went inside. Reginald looked at the newcomers curiously.

"Aren't you the ones who ended Sky City? You're Jesse, right? And you two are Petra and Lukas, if I remember correctly." Reggie said.

"That's them. Where are the Founders?" Aiden asked, still glaring at the New Order. Between the three Blaze Rods, they were getting a lot of angry looks.

"Dealing with another matter. They'll be done in a minute."

He was right. Not two minutes later, Milo, Isa, and another person came down the spiral staircase in one corner of the room. The person (whom none of the Order recognized) nodded at Reginald and left the building.

Isa and Milo looked at the newcomers. "Well blow me! It's the Order! What in the Overworld are you doing here?"

"We kind of have another crisis." Jesse said. "It's a little difficult to talk about."

Luckily, the Founders were more willing to listen then the Blaze Rods. Isa went back up the staircase, telling them to follow. The upper level had a long table surrounded by chairs, and many windows made of stained glass. They all sat around the table, except for Aiden, who leaned against a wall, still glaring.