Prolouge

.

The horn on the mountain sounded once, which meant that the five dragons on the cliff had appeared like they said they would. Against the bright, early afternoon sky, warmth flooded the town but the icy fingers of winter still laced into the wind, signifying the first snow was coming.

Not a single word was uttered, not even from the young children, and everyone on Berk was gathered outside their houses leaving a large empty space in the town square.

The dragons came into view faster than everyone thought. That was when they realized, two of the five were Night Furies: yet another reason to fear the newcomers.

As the dragons flew over the square in a triangle formation, just over twenty feet above the ground, each rider jumped off, their scaled capes billowing behind them and landed on the ground, rolling to disperse the impact. A great gasp chorused throughout the seemingly deserted town.

The leader (at least, that was what everyone assumed, since he was wearing entirely black and was the one in front of his four comrades), was the first to stand up, his hooded cape hiding his face. The others stood up, and took off their hoods in unison, revealing a woman with short brown hair at his right hand side, a rather tall and intimidating man at his left, and two other maidens behind them. None of them seemed to be carrying any lethal weapons, although they did have some strange things hanging from their belts and on their armor. The man in red had a crossbow strapped to his back, but that was the only visible weapon on these Elites. Were they stupid enough to come to a hostile land without weapons? Surely not.

The woman wearing dark blue stepped forward, and the entire formation shifted in the split second afterward. Their capes continued to swirl in the wind. The woman wearing blue was now in the front and center. As the Berkians gasped and shuffled farther away from the soldiers, a smile came to rest on the head woman's lips.

It wasn't a happy smile, or one a devil would make, but a combination of the two. A sinister and knowing smile. Imbued with the lethality that must have been coursing through her veins. It was as if she knew something everyone else did not.

"My name is Chieftess Luneah. We are Isunder's Order of Elites."

.

Alright... Thanks for joining me!

This is the sequel to my first book, "Home-Bound". Please read that first, if you have not already, as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will make sense in this book if you don't.

Please note that I may update not-so-frequently, because SCHOOL (boooo). But I do try and provide good-quality and interesting chapters for you all, so that's all that matters.

Hope you enjoy!

-MSJ