21 - Mutiny and Aunties

.

Hiccup really wasn't all that surprised when Dominicus and his crew started shooting nets at him and Astrid. In fact, he was entirely expecting it. He also wasn't surprised when Astrid planned to leap off her dragon, brandishing her battle axe and all. He simply held up a hand to stop her and thankfully, she trusted him enough to obey.

Somehow, one of their ships was still in complete working order and the crew managed to get quite a distance from the now destroyed fort before Astrid caught sight of it. Astrid was dangerous when angered. She never really told him that she found it, but she did dive down towards the ship with Hiccup and Toothless barely catching up before she caused more trouble for Hiccup.

"It's your lucky day, fellas," he said, holding up his hands and giving Astrid a look. "We give up."

The trappers were puzzled by Hiccup's sudden surrender, especially Dominicus, who had dropped his dagger and smug look. "Wait... what?"

"You heard me," Hiccup climbed off Toothless, picking up a net off the ground and tossing it over Astrid. She froze and turned to him with a quizzical look on her face, inquiring for answers. "That's a Night Fury, a Deadly Nadder, and two of the finest dragon riders in the archipelago. That should make the boss happy, right?"

"You..." Dominicus watched, baffled as Hiccup led Astrid to one of the inlaid cages, handing a random trapper Astrid's axe. "You can't just—"

"Oh, but we can!" Hiccup said, opening the hatch and ushering Astrid into it. Toothless was just as clueless as everyone else, crooning at his rider when Hiccup began down the ladder. Hiccup smiled and waved the Night Fury away so he could make eye contact with Dominicus. "The dragons don't particularly care for tight spaces, so they'll stay up there with you if you don't mind."

"I..." He was cut off when Hiccup lifted his hand, one of his trusty Infernos in his hand.

"Oops! I forgot. Can't have armed prisoners," He mimed a facepalm, shaking his head at his own 'forgetfulness'.

"Hiccup, what are you doing?" Astrid whispered furiously as Hiccup climbed back down the ladder and shut the latch. Although her glare was sickening, Hiccup ignored it as best he could. He had a mission to complete. Hiccup heard the click of a button and the expulsion of gas from the hilt—his plan was working perfectly!—and he mentally prepared himself for the coming explosion that was sure to knock the boat sideways. Perfect.

"Just what every dragon trapper needs! One end coats the blade in Monstrous Nightmare gel, and the other spews Hideous Zippleback gas. All it takes is a spark and—"

The blast came right on cue and Hiccup forced down a laugh, climbing the ladder to peek at Dominicus and the black-charred boat. Dominicus was (somehow) unmarked. Maybe he was smarter than Hiccup made him out to be.

"What are you playing at?" Dominicus growled, snatching the sword from his trappers before they did any more damage to the face of the ship.

"Nothing!" Hiccup cheered. Astrid climbed up the ladder next to him, taking a look at the surroundings. "We just want you to take us to Drago."

Dominicus laughed even as Hiccup crawled out of the cage, holding a hand out to help Astrid. "You're joking."

"No, we're not."

"And what are you going to do when you meet Drago Bludvist?"

"I'm going to change his mind about dragons," Hiccup declared, much to the surprise of the trappers. They all began to laugh and cackle.

"I'm not kidding," Hiccup said, once they all calmed down from their surprise. "Once a dragon is loyal to you, there is nothing he won't do. I know from experience. Toothless here saved my life more times than I can count," Hiccup lovingly patted the top of Toothless' head. "We can change his mind. And we can change yours. Right here, right now."