8 - Playing in the Waves

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hiccup directed them to an uninhabited island a few minutes away. Luneah had asked for somewhere that wasn't on Berk, so the Vikings wouldn't hear screams of bloody murder and then come to investigate. Hiccup hoped his wife was kidding although... he wasn't sure she was.

They landed on a flat area of the island, Luneah being the first to hop off her dragon. She hurriedly unlatched her cape and threw it off to the side, a testament to just how angry and frustrated she was.

"You goddamn idiots!" She growled out, running her hands through her hair and grasping at the strands, looking like she was halfway to pulling them out.

Nearby, Midnight crooned in concern but knew better than to try and calm down Luneah. The Elite was usually calm and level-headed but when she snapped, she exploded. Her temper was more dangerous than a cranky Monstrous Nightmare and an insulted Nadder combined.

Hiccup stammered and tried to pull Luneah's hands out of her hair before she ripped out all of it.

"Don't," was the only word she hissed at him, placing a finger to his chest. Hiccup knew the situation was hopeless and raised his hand in surrender, backing off. He finally made his way to where Toothless was standing and muttered. "They're dead. It was nice knowing them."

Luneah looked at her Elites who were staring resolutely forward, the blush of alcohol still painted stubbornly on their cheeks. A rush of anger suddenly flooded the Chieftess. "You almost compromised our mission. It's the second day, and you nearly fucked it up!"

Luneah laughed humorlessly, undoing the belts that held her cuirass in place. She tore the scale steel armor off, tossing it over to the side and then beginning to untie her vambraces. When those were discarded of, she rolled her right wrist around, getting used to the greater mobility. No one, not even the dragons, made a noise. Everyone knew of the gravity of this situation.

"I don't even know what your punishments should be," Luneah finally stated, her hands resting exhaustedly on her hips. "The three of you have embarrassed your island, embarrassed the Order of Elites, and most importantly, nearly exposed Hiccup's identity to his old village. I don't even know what Jeysannia said before we got there. Imagine if we had come even later!"

Hiccup noticed his wife struggling with what to say next, something that was unusual for Luneah. She was usually very eloquent and witty when it came to words.

"You three will clean your dragons," Hiccup decided on the punishment for Luneah. "Take off the saddles, scrub down the leather and while the saddles are drying, scrub down your dragon. Consider this a light punishment. But the water here is cold and the sun is about to set. Hopefully the brisk temperature of the water will bring you to full sobriety. This better not happen again. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Chief." Three voices rang out.

"Then get the Hel out of here. Be back at the cove as soon as your saddles are dry."

The three Elites walked over to their dragons, mounting them with ease, and taking off. Hiccup was then left with his—still furious—wife. Great.

"Thanks for handling that," Luneah finally managed to get out. "I think I would have just yelled at them until I collapsed if you didn't butt in."

"I realized that, and that's exactly why I cut you off," Hiccup chuckled. "Is it safe to hug you yet?"

Luneah pouted and held her arms open, all traces of anger now gone. Her husband walked up, taking her into his arms in a tight hug as he spoke. "Sometimes I wonder how we're going to manage twins. Then I remember that we're literally taking care of three children already. Shouldn't be too hard."