Alone

Joker P.O.V.

It's been two years. I still stare at the same walls. Day after day. Meeting after meeting. I don't get "better" like they think I am. But only one knows that. Doctor Harleen Quinzel. She's falling, hard. But I belong to only one. Y/N. But she's gone and I have to accept that. But I still let my mind wander. Into different worlds. Different lives we could've had. I blame myself.

Y/N P.O.V.

I wake up. Bright lights. Different smell, I'm not in the penthouse anymore. Somebody walks up beside the bed I lay in. A dark figure. "Mr. J?"
"No, Y/N. I am your doctor. Congratulations, you just came out of a two-year coma. Welcome back." My vision clears up and I see a tall man with a white coat on.
"Coma?"
"Yes," he looks at the floor, "you were shot. Twice in the chest."
"Shouldn't I be dead?"
"Yes, but it was a miracle. You come from a long line of miracle people."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, any ancestor of yours that was in the hospital and was hurt as bad as you were, survived. If that makes any sense."
     "Yeah." I start to get up from the hospital bed, but he stops me.
     "Look, I was supposed to keep you in for questioning, but everyone thinks you're dead."
     "What?!"
     He starts to whisper lower, "Shh. Keep your voice down. I'm doing this so my family doesn't get hurt."
     "What? What are you talking about?"
     "You are going to see your Mr. J again, Y/N." My face instantly lit up with a huge smile. I hug the doctor. "But I don't think he'll like that."
     "Oh," I let go of him, "yeah. Sorry."

// a big thank you to @KellyAmbrose34 for this idea! Hope this is good. xo