Chapter One

Great, it's the first day of school.  Always the worst.  Well, sometimes.  There was always the fear of getting lost in the forgotten hallways [no really, there are some spooky hallways in our school].  And then the fear of being in the wrong class when I'm supposed to be in another.  And then there was a fear of having a face-full of spaghetti AGAIN.  Well, you get the idea.  I'm afraid of a LOT of things.

"Ready for school, Grace?" Dad asked me, smiling as he looked up from the dining table.

I managed a fake smile.  "As ready as I'll ever be," I replied with fake confidence.  On the inside, I was shaking like jelly, trying not to fall apart.

"Good then.  Go ahead and hop in the car, I'll be right behind you," Dad replied cheerfully, ushering me out the door.

I climbed into the car and buckled up.  Dad also soon hopped in, and we were off.

This school year is gonna be horrible, I can already feel it in my bones. I thought.  My stomach churned, and I already felt woozy.  Tingles went down my spine as we approached the school campus.

"Have a good day, honey!" Dad said as he stopped in front of the double-doors.

I took one last look at Dad.  "Wish me luck," I replied.  Then, I slowly began walking towards the building.  The school was just like every other year.  The lockers were still in the same area, the gym was just like I had remembered it.  Nothing had changed.  At least in the physical appearance of Riverson High.

I yanked on one of the door handles, and nearly lost my grip on my binders.  "Aw, darn it, Grace, be more careful!" I hissed to myself.  I made my way around a few halls and finally found the locker area.

"Name?" a young woman asked as I walked through another set of doors.

"Grace.  Grace Snow," I replied quickly, refusing to meet the woman's gaze.

"Grace, locker number 158.  Here's your schedule," the woman said, shoving the page into my face.

"Thanks," I snapped.  My stomach did a few flips when I saw some old enemies, but I somehow kept myself from throwing up all over my new locker.

I dug around, making a huge mess in my locker.  Thank goodness it was one of those lockers that are, like, six feet high.  Otherwise, my books and junk would have exploded in there.  After a few more moments of shuffling the books around, I finally just gave up, frustrated as usual.  I quickly headed to class.  

Today is going to be a horrible day.

A/N

Comment, vote, whatever.  :P

-Kathy