Day 1: 9/30/18

Song of the Chapter: Breakeven
A N N I E
~•~
I heard my ringtone, so I turned off my Mac and picked up my phone, off my nightstand. "Hello, Annie?" I hear. "Hi, who is this?" I ask. "Oh sorry I'm calling from Mike's phone, it's Mrs. Jill, can I speak to your mom?" She also. "Yes." I say and run downstairs and give my phone to my mom. "Annie, cmon get in the car! We're going somewhere!" My mom yells. I grab my purse off my nightstand and rush to the car. "Mommy, where are we going?" I ask, panicked because this was so sudden. "Annie, Katie is in the hospital that's where we're going." My mom says focusing on the road. I panic, what the hell happened? I think. "What happened? Is she ok?" I ask pinching myself. "Annie, let's just see." My mom says, and I instantly break into tears. I cry for a good minute but I stop myself. She could've just broken her arm or something. I think. My anxiety took over and I panicked, and was hyperventilating. "Annie calm down." My mom mummers as we walk into the hospital. I do and we walk a little further and reach Katie's family. Her mom is crying and Ryan looks white, really pale. My mom and Mrs. Jill and Mr. Mike talk. The only words I hear are something with her heart. My heart minus well have stopped, at that moment. Tears fill my eyes. I start crying, and go run to the waiting room. Mia, Arden and Syd's families are there. I explain everything I know and they start crying too. We all sit and then my mom calls me over. I get this terrible sickening feelings in the pit of my stomach. "Annie, go get everyone else." She says and I do.
AN HOUR LATER
"...So were unsure if she'll make it" the doctor says. I start sobbing right there. SYD had gym, and Arden and Mia went to gym, but I insisted on staying. I just ran to her room and hugged her. She still is her sweet self unconscious. I take off her "K" necklace, with her birthday on the back, and put it around my own neck. That may sound horrible but it made me feel better. I stroked her hair and smiled. She has to make it, I don't know what I would if she didn't. I tuck the necklace in my shirt so no one notices. It's not like she wears it everyday, so they won't think any things wrong. Then I start sobbing. I just walk briskly back to the waiting room.
AN HOUR LATER
Mia, Arden and TJ had come and left gym early. And Syd came when she finished homework, because she goes to public school. Daddy and Hayley visited but then Hayley had gym. I saw the doctor talking to the parents, Ryan and Brennan. I walk over, "I'm sorry to inform....." The doctor's voice trails off, and I run out of the building. I don't do some stupid thing like go on the train tracks or road, but I ran onto the sidewalk around the hospital and just kept running. Running until I saw a frozen yogurt store. I run in and sit, the I start bawling and sobbing, I don't care who stares. A lady gives me a disgusted look, and one little boy comes over and plants a kiss on my cheek. He looks like Caleb. "Thank you, always be as kind as you are now. The world needs good people, because everyday we lose them." I say, patting his head, and he smiles. He runs back to a lady that's probably his grandma. Then I think first David, then Caleb, then Katie. What if I lose Hayley? I already lost a friendship, and think of my old pets, grandparents, everyone. One day, I'll lose everyone wort living for. I quickly shake the thought out of my head. I head out of the fro-to place, briskly walking back to the hospital. I look at a street clock and see it has been 2 minutes. I run in and hug my friends. I see they all are crying, have puffy eyes, or look like a bus hit them. Katie's parents and, especially her brothers were a mess. I know how they felt. "I'm sorry." I whisper and hug Brennan and Ryan. Everyone leaves after about an hour except for my family. We know how they feel. Except no one knows how I feel. As much as Katie's family is a mess, and feeling terrible, I'm in pieces. I can't stay strong anymore.