Day 3: 10/1/18

This chapter is dedicated to Caleb. Fly high kid.👼🏻

; A N N I E

We walk to the cemetery, and Caleb's grave. I wipe away a tear, and me and Hayley sit next to it. Hayley leans her head on my shoulder and smiles. She's so positive that kid, you gotta love her. I tug on my Caleb thumby. My mom films us doing this. It was silent for a moment, so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Hayley stands up and looks up. Her brown eyes glimmer, looking up at the blue fall sky. I step the crunchy newly orange-red leaves, and take the camera from my mom. I show them the writing on his stone and then place it next to us. "Cmon girls, let's go." My dad says and I pick up the camera, stopping it. We walk crunching, the rustling leaves. Fall is a beautiful season, it really is. "Can I have the camera?" Hayley asks. She's 10, now so she has a lot more to film. I remember being 10, almost 3 years ago. "Hey guys, it's me Hayley. Obviously, and we're going home and having ice cream, with purple sprinkles for Caleb." She says smiling. "Yeah so also then Hayley and I have practice, and K- Alexa is sleeping over!" I say correcting myself. Hayley turns off the camera and I sigh. My parents have to go take a business call, in the car, and Hayley follows. "Can I stay here for a minute?" I ask. My mom nods, and I sit next to Caleb's stone. "Hi." I say. No response. I walk over to David's, and say, "Hey kid." Then I walk over to Katie's and say, "Please visit soon Kate." And then I walk to the car. I hear a ding come from my phone and it's Syd. "Hey Ans, everything ok? I know it's all a lot today and all❤️". She so sweet, "Yeah c u tomorrow." I send back. We arrive in the driveway and I go into the I take the camera, and vlog. Hayley is in my room, and we decide to do the question of the day after dinner. I press the button, "Hey hey what do you say, it's time for the question of the day, hey!" Hayley says. "So...let's do person who inspires you the most!" I say. "Um..probably Annie" she points to me, "Because she inspires me to work hard in gymnastics and stay organized." I hug her. "I chose Shawn Johnson." I say. "Ok comment down below." Hayley says. "Cause we wanna know, the question of the day is....who inspires you the most? Ok bye!" I say. "Byeeeee Toodles!" Hayley says as I shut off the camera. "Annie?" She asks. "Will it all be ok?" She asks. "Yeah, it'll all be ok, H$. Always." I say, fake smiling. "Ok." She says, smiling then it fades. I pick up my cphone and find an old picture or Caleb in my camera roll and post it on Instagram.
(pfp) presshandstands

presshandstands: 2 years ago today I lost him

presshandstands: 2 years ago today I lost him. My big brother, my bubba and our baked potato. Crazy, time flies and I miss him more everyday❤️rest in peace bubba😭I love you more than words can explain Caleb😘two years, jeez. I love you Caleb!👼🏻
-
Crazy how it's been two years! I start to cry, I can't forget him. I shut off my electronics and look at the clock, 10:37 I better get to bed. I slowly drift asleep, thinking of the days past and the days ahead.