epilogue.

France was nice. The cool atmosphere made Carter feel cold as he stood on his balcony. Isaac moved to France a month after Carter did. Carter missed Isaac so much, he ran into Isaac's arms and cried in his arms for a good five minutes. Isaac was reassuring. Kissing Carter's forehead and hugging back as tight. The two stayed there for a while. Carter remembered that memory as if it was burned into the back of his brain.

Carter also remembers when Isaac sat in his room, months later, bringing up the idea of marriage. Carter furrowed his eyebrows, wondering what he meant. Carter was confused onto why Isaac ever brought it up. Isaac asked Carter if he would ever marry Isaac. Carter remembered shrugging and, answering a very vague, "sure, if we're still together by eighteen." And Isaac nodded, then dropping the subject.

Carter remembered the night he slept with Isaac in the same bed and then waking up to see Isaac not there. Carter left it at that, not getting too suspicious. But then Carter was hit with the feeling of abandonment. That whole week Isaac had refused to speak to Carter. Ignoring him as much as he could. Carter shouldn't usually find it this horrible until he found himself crying in his room when his parents weren't home.

He remembered Isaac barging in the door and seeing Carter huddled in a corner, crying. Isaac had gone over, wrapping his arms around Carter and just sitting there.

Isaac was gone tonight. He wouldn't be home from Beacon Hills until tomorrow night. Isaac and Carter got their happy ending. That was all he ever wanted. With anyone. And he got it. He looked down at his wedding band on his ring finger. Their initials were seared into the band. The cool metal reflecting his wrecked state.

A tear fell down his cheek as he felt the gun pressed against the side of his head. He let out soft sobs as he felt the bullet enter his brain as his lifeless body hit the ground, the blood leaking out of the wound, creating a pool of blood surrounding his body. Drained of blood and life.

Isaac had just got home. He opened the door, calling out a loud hello. When he didn't hear a single sound he got suspicious. Carter could very well be asleep in his bed. It was late. Isaac listened to Carter's heartbeat. Except he couldn't find it. He couldn't even smell Carter's distinct aroma. Isaac's eyes widened as he ran up the stairs, dropping the luggage immediately.

He had opened the door to their bedroom, flicking on the light. His face contorted in fear as he felt eerily cold. He walked towards their small balcony, the door open.

That's when he saw it.

The body.

He saw his husband, dead, in a pool of his own blood, with pieces of paper surrounding the body. He didn't want to say anything. He just stood there, staring the body. He then rushed to his knees, grabbing onto his husbands body. He let the tears fall down his cheeks as he opened his mouth to choke out a loud sob.

It didn't come, though. The sob. He couldn't choke anything out. He couldn't say anything. He just remembered being over washed with a feeling of guilt and sadness. If only he took Carter with him to Beacon, maybe this wouldn't have happened! Or maybe if he didn't even go to Beacon, this wouldn't have happened!

This was all his fault. He felt apart of himself ripped away as he grasped his dead husbands body, crying over it. It wasn't going to bring him back. But Isaac hoped and hoped and hoped that maybe, just maybe, this time it would.

Isaac felt his heart break and shatter. He felt like Carter's killer severed his heart from his chest.