three

calum opened his eyes, light flooding in and making him shut them again, due to the brightness.

luke was curled up next to him, both of the empty mugs sitting on the carpet. a blanket was draped over their laps, the warmth from calum's body giving luke the feeling of security.

calum ran a hair through his own chocolate curls and yawned before looking at the small boy leaned against him, their fingers intertwined softly. luke squirmed slightly as calum tightened his grip on his small hand, letting him know calum was awake.

luke opened his bright blue eyes and rubbed them with his small fists before looking up at calum with tired eyes, reaching up to stroke his sunkissed cheek with the pad of his thumb, a small smile on his plump lips. calum smiled and rubbed his arm gently, closing his eyes softly.

"did you sleep okay?" luke asked him softly, gazing at him. calum opened his eyes to peruse at him, smiling softly. "yes, baby boy." he mumbled sleepily, both of the boys unaware luke's mother had come home.

"luke robert!" she yelled from downstairs, seeing the shirt of calum's in a pile on the floor.

calum looked at him and furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the door before picking up the mugs and grabbing his hand. "don't worry, I'll try to make a good impression." he told him with a soft chuckle. luke smiled and opened his bedroom door.

"yes, mother?" he called out, walking down the stairs, calum trailing behind him before putting the two mugsin the sink, rinsing them with warm water.

"who's shirt-.." she trailed of when she saw calum's back facing her befire giving luke a glare.

"mama, its okay. he treats me so well." he told him, calum walking up behind him. she looked up at calum and crossed her arms before glaring at luke again.

"ma'am, before you get mad, i promise you I'll treat him like the prince he is, and i will do my best to make sure he's the happiest he can be." he told her, smiling a bit. luke gazed up at him as he spoke, biting his lip.

she looked at the two and sighed, nodding a bit. "alright." she told him, walking to the couch. luke smiled and jumped in calum's arms, looking at him as he wrapped his arms around his waist. calum pecked his nose, a giggle leaving his lips.

×××

"mama, do you wanna introduce yourself?" luke asked softly, looking at his mother. calum sat next to her and smiled. "im calum." he told her, holding his hand out. she looked at the larger boy and smiled softly, shaking his hand. "bridget." she told him. luke smiled and sat next to his mother. "see mama? i told you there's nothing to worry about. calum is the one who made the bullies leave me alone." he told her a wide smile on his lips.

she looked at luke and smiled. "he's a keeper." she told him softly before standing up.