::Chapter Fifteen::Expecto Patronum::

::Chapter Fifteen::Expecto Patronum!::

Carmine’s POV

                “She’s so perfect! And she smells like flowers! Daisies! They are my new favorite flower,” Chance exclaims, still raving about a girl he hung out with on his birthday.

                “You’re favorite flower is a lilac,” I point out.

                “Nope, now their daisies.”

                “Whatever man,” I chuckle, rolling my eyes. I watch in amusement as his fingers fly across the keyboard of his phone. “Who are you texting so much?”

                “Serenity,” he answers sheepishly. “We’ve been texting a lot lately since we can’t really see each other.”

                “Dude, you’re so wrapped up in this chick! You’ve only known her for a week!”

                “Carmine, I really like her,” he sighs, setting his phone down beside him on the couch. “I’ve never had a serious girlfriend before.”             

                “Thought you two weren’t dating,” I reply, raising an eyebrow.

                “We’re not,” he nods. “Yet. I’m going to ask her soon.”

                “Don’t you think she might have someone back in PA? She’s older than you, Chance.”

                “I didn’t see you stop dating Isis when she was older than you,” he counters. “And I don’t think she’d lead me on. She’s really nice, and funny, and-.”

                “And dramatic, smart, and hot. I know, I got it.”

                “Sorry,” he apologizes. “So, enough about me. Have you talked to Blaire?”

                “I’d rather listen to you talk about Serenity,” I mutter.

                “So I’ll take that as a no,” he nods thoughtfully. “Don’t you think you overreacted, just a little bit? I thought one of your goals was to get Blaire to trust you. Flipping on her isn’t going to help you very much.”

                “Stop being smart,” I groan, running a hand over my hair. “I’ve been trying to think of ways to apologize but every time I’m near her she just ignores me and acts like I’m not there.”

                “Well just give me a second,” he says, picking up his phone again.

                “What are you-.”

                “Sh,” he snaps.

                “But what’re you do-.”

                “Shut it,” he mutters before throwing it back beside him. “Be at Calumet playground in half an hour. She thinks she’s meeting me.”

                “Are you crazy?”

                “Maybe a little. But hey, she’ll be there and you can talk to her. Just don’t let her run away,” he reasons.

                “Really think it’ll be that simple?” I ask.

                “Nope,” he chuckles. “She’ll try to escape. Or she’ll scream at you. Or she’ll just sit there and not talk at all, we all know silence bothers you.”