::Isis::

{{Isis}}

                Grinning, I tickle Brooklynn’s stomach, watching happily as her small laugh comes out. Taking the leash from her small hand, I lead her, Aspen, Serenity, and Chance back to one of the rooms. Their black lab hops onto the table, standing out against the bright white paper laid across the table. Demon, as named of course by Chance, pants heavily and lays down, waiting patiently for his check-up.

                “How is everyone?” I ask, looking at the happy family. “I heard you guys went up to Maine last weekend.”

                “Yeah, just to visit the family. Carmine and Blaire are doing awesome,” Chance nods, balancing Aspen on his hip.

                “That’s great,” I grin, Carmine’s name making me shake my head slightly.

                “How are you and Trace doing?” Serenity asks, tilting her head to the side. “I heard you guys moved in together.”

                “You heard?” I repeat.

                “Small town,” she shrugs, sending me a smile. “So, tell me.”

                “We’re good, really good. He proposed actually,” I admit, a light blush rushing to my cheeks as I check Demon’s eyes.

                “Let me see the ring!” she exclaims.

                Sighing, I hold out my hand, the small diamond shining under the harsh fluorescent lights. Two amber strands wind together like vines, the small gem nestled in the middle. Serenity’s face goes from excited to confusion, her mouth opening slightly.

                “Did Mike give you that?”

                “Well… duh” I let out a small laugh, looking at her in confusion. “Who else?”

                “Why? When? Where… why?” she stammers, making a loud snort come from Chance.

                “Last month when we went to visit his family in Pittsburgh; he took me to McConnell’s Mills State Park. And because he wanted, too, that’s why! Way to be supportive!”

                “Congratulations, Iz,” she smiles, giving me a small hug.

                Chance stands a little awkwardly, sending me a small smile. Almost like she senses something, Brooklynn runs to her mom as fast as her small legs can take her.

                “Mommy, I gotta pee.”

                “Then go,” she says, rolling her eyes with a small smile.

                “I need to poo,” she whispers loudly, tugging on her mom’s shirt.

                Serenity’s lips press against each other in a straight line, suppressing a smile. “Alright. “Aspen, do you have to go, too?”

                “No,” he chirps, running his small hand up and down the dog’s back.

                “Why don’t you try,” Chance sighs, pulling his son over to them.

                Putting her hands on the kids’ backs, Serenity leads them out of the room. Chance gives me a small smile, hopping onto the table beside Demon.

                “Yes, Chance?”

                “What?” he says, leaning forwards so that his elbows rest on his knees.

                “There’s obviously something you wanted to tell me.”

                “It’s just,” he begins, looking at me for a minute. His eyes bore into mine, the same color as Carmine’s and all the other Reynolds men. “It’s weird, just a little, to hear you talking about Trace. We always thought it’d be you and Carmine forever, ya know? That you’d come back to Maine.”

                “Carmine was the only good part about my life, Chance,” I sigh, shaking my head. “Except you, of course.”

                “I know that… but still. The only time you guys have talked is at the baby shower three years ago,” he says, looking at me skeptically. “Do you guys ever text? Call?”

                “Actually, yes, we do. We keep each other filled in,” I admit. “I’ve told him about starting the business and graduating, how I see you guys all the time. Everything’s been great.”

                “I’m glad,” he nods, smiling softly. “That’s great.”

                It really is.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Iz has her own vet business, a finace, and a happy life. This is small and short. Next part will be Serenity and Chance. <3 That should be longer. Read, comment, ENJOY!