Chapter 17- Numb

So this is chapter 17 I hope you guys like it ;) feedback appreciated as always, thanks guys! :* x

--------

(Perrie’s P.O.V)

When I woke up Jade was still nestled in my arms. I could get used to this, I joked to myself. I admired her as she lay peacefully asleep; to think I could have lost her the day before. I thought of what could have happened if Sam and I hadn’t got there. I couldn’t bare the thought of not having her in my life.

Even though I’d only known her for just over a year and a half, it felt as if it had been a lifetime. We had become so close and I felt blessed to have someone so wonderful in my life. It became cleat to me that she was one of the main components of my life.

I decided to get up and get some breakfast. I slowly rose from the bed, careful not to wake the beautiful Geordie that lay beside me. I thought about getting her some breakfast  but by the time she would have woke it would have gone cold, and I wasn’t about to wake her.

I got myself some toast and a cup of tea from the cafeteria and made my way back to the room. As I walked back, people looked at me like I had three heads. Then I remembered that I was famous. I forgot it sometimes, especially at times like these. I felt like a normal person who happened to be famous, not a famous person.

I sat down on the seat next to the bed and took my phone out of my pocket. I munched down my breakfast as I looked through twitter. All the fans were tweeting their support to Jade and wondering how she was. We hadn’t released a public statement yet, but I assumed the story was all over the papers, as our incidents before were.

This one, however, was much more serious. I was just glad that the guy who had done this had been arrested. I couldn’t help but wonder if all these incidents were connected, I mean why would it all happen so quickly? Why was Jade the only one of us targeted? It didn’t make sense that it was all just one big coincidence. But then again, there were two men imprisoned for the messages and the letters. I told myself I was being paranoid.

I turned my attention back to twitter and decided to let the public know how Jade was getting on. I wrote;

“Thanks for all the support; I’m sure Jade really appreciates it. I thought I’d just let you all know she is perfectly healthy :) Lots of love, Pez <3”

Just as I pressed the button to post it, I heard shuffling from beside me. Jade was awake. She sat up slowly, stretched her arms and opened her eyes. Once she spotted me she smiled sweetly.

“Hey, Pez” she said cheerily. It amazed me how happy she was, considering the goings-on of last night.

“You okay?” I smiled back.

She nodded her head, “Yeah. Just a bit stiff though”

“Okay, I’m gonna run down and get you some breakfast, I’ve already had mine” I motioned to my empty breakfast tray.

“No, no. You don’t have to, I’ll get it” she said , throwing the covers off herself.

I shook my head. “I’ll get it, Jade. You rest up” I insisted. I smiled at her before going back to the cafeteria.

When I returned I found her smiling to herself. I handed her the tray.

“Tea and biscuits, Madam” I laughed.

She giggled. “Thanks, Pez. Hey, look at what all the fans have been saying” she showed me her phone.

“I know they’re so lovely” I smiled.