Chapter 16- Lost and Found

Cain was nothing. No one. He watched as his queen made her decorative girls scratch at their arms and faces until they bled, until their skin would surely scar. He watched as she pulled prisoner after prisoner out of the dungeons. 

The lucky ones she tortured with mind games. One thought that moths were flying down their throat, her eyes bulged and her skin turned blue as she suffocated on invisible insects. Another, a girl with icy blonde curls, screamed as she felt her legs get sawed off, over and over. 

The unlucky ones she killed. Some she killed herself, others she made her lords and ladies help. If they were going to prosper under her rule, she would say, they needed to get their hands bloody. 

Nothing was enough to quell her rage. She was a monster, unleashed on the world. 

But Cain was worse because he watched, knowing what it felt like to be tortured by her, and he did nothing. 

Cain couldn't take it. He drew his sword, He ran it through her back, felt it piece her heart. 

And then he walked out of the hall, wandering the halls until he found himself in his tower. What kind of prisoner was he? One who kept himself in prison. 

But of course his Queen wasn't dead. It would take more than a prince and his sword to kill her. When she came to him that night, he wished he had plunged the sword in his own chest instead. And then later, when she curled her fingers into his mind it was almost a relief to slip away into nothing for a while. 

I suck. It took me forever to post more, so sorry for that. I actually like this chapter although NOTHING happened. I promise that the next chapter will be full of action and panic and all that stuff. Also, I think Cain will be in it.

Tell me what you think. Do you think that Matthew will see Resa again? Do you even want him to?

On another note entirely, has anyone ever heard of MainStayPro on youtube? You can blame my lack of uploads on their epic videos. The do fan trailers and scenes and you wouldn't know that they weren'treal so CHECK THEM OUT!!!

Yeah. So vote if you liked it and comment if you have the time. Gracias(thanks in spanish)