Chapter 13

Katelyn's POV
           He sat across from me leaning on another tree and smiles. He actually smiled, I'm pissed at him and he thinks it's ok to smile!?
           "WHAT THE HELL JEFFOREY!!??"
           He slightly jumped, "What?"
            "You leave me and Abby here, not telling a us your still alive! Why did you fake your death!!??"
            Jefforey shrugged, "When Zane found out I didn't want to be in the jury anymore he said that he didn't want to kill me. He told me that he could fake my death, giving me fame. I couldn't tell anyone, if I did everything would be ruined."
            "So why tell me now!?" My anger slowly boiling over my limit.
            "I missed you Katelyn" he slowly started to walk towards me, give me a hug. I pushed him away.
             "What? Am I supposed to forgive you? After what you did to me? After what you did to Abby? After I had to hold her for hours until she stopped crying? How I had to force feed her because she wouldn't eat!? I loved you Jefforey. I don't know how I feel now."
               Out of the corner of my eye I saw Travis ball his hands into fists. "You loved me?" Jefforey's voice cracked.
               "Yes Jefforey I did. I don't think I do anymore"
               "Katelyn please" he walked froward and took my hand, "Katelyn I love you"
                "No Jefforey. If you loved me you wouldn't have left for fame!"
                 He looked hurt. And I almost felt bad for him, almost. He looked into my eyes, and before a tear could fall from my eyes he closed the gap between us. He pressed his lips to mineanf I could feel his warmth. Months ago, I would have loved this, but now- I pushed Jefforey off me. As I did I saw Travis punch him in the face. Jefforey fell to the ground, unmoving. I slowly sank down on my knees.
                I felt weak, I pulled at my hair and yelled, my tears falling uncontrollably. Travis turned towards me and held me in his arms. I felt safe there, like nothing could hurt me. Travis took my hand and led me back to Levin's house. He was out of town and aloud for us to stay there. Once inside Travis turned and hit the wall making me jump.
                 "I shouldn't have let him do that to you!"
                "He's not how I remember" I whispered, "the Jefforey I knew would have never done this for fame. I guess the jury changes you. Jefforey the Golden Heart," I scoffed, "ya right I doubt he has a heart." Tears started to fall down my cheeks. It hurt, my heart hurt. I had missed him so much only to find out he "died" for fame? I guess the jury changed him as much as it changed me.
                I took a deep breath and tried to hold in a sob, but I couldn't. Travis looked at me with anger and concern in his eyes. He looked conflicted.
               "I'm so sorry Katelyn I let him open your wound all over again" he leaned closer to me. I looked at his face, he had tears in his eyes too, I would have laughed on any other day. Not today. Deep in my thoughts, I only looked up once to see Travis so close to me. His eyes boring holes into mine. I blushed at his closeness. Then he kissed me. I could feel his anger behind the kiss. He could feel my sadness, and that's what the kiss was filled with and what it was. It really wasn't even a kiss, it was a way to express our sadness and anger. I don't love Jefforey anymore, I don't need him to hold me together, to protect me. Now I have Travis. He can heal me, fill the hole in my heart, even if ever so slowly. I could feel myself healing, slowly becoming whole again.

********************************************

Beautiful. I've been wanting to write this chapter for a while so here you go. It's longer than normal because the next chapter will be a little short. Please do not hate on the kissing scenes, I do not know how to write them. So...ya! Anyway see y'all soon, hope you enjoyed!