Chapter 15

Katelyn's POV
              A part of me broke inside, I didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore. My grip tightened on Travis's hand as I took a sharp breath, trying to hold in the tears.
                               Travis' POV
               I looked to Katelyn who tightened her grip on my hand. Her eyes shone with potential tears and she took a sharp breath. Something inside her broke, whether it be her heart or her soul. Whatever broke could not be fixed, even by me. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.
               "I won't leave your side, I promise." I wiped away her tears and she gave me a sad smile. I pulled her into a hug and she put her head on my shoulder, my chin on the top of her head. Aph looked at me, "I'm sorry" she mouthed. I just shook my head.
               "Katelyn I'll always be here."
               "I know Travis"

                            **TIME SKIP**
                 Katelyn handed a box to me and I loaded it onto the boat we would take to Bright Port. She has kept her gaze to the ground, though I could see her eyes searching for him.
                "I won't let him near you" I reassured her, she nodded.
                 After packing I quickly led Katelyn onto the boat, trying to stay away from Jefforey, who hadn't appeared yet. Katelyn looked to the water and shook her head.
                 "I get see sick. Great, I love throwing up." She rolled her eyes, though her words were harsher than normal.
                I smirked, "I'll hold back your hair"
                "Thanks" she said sarcastically, though her words softened. Then, her eyes widened, focusing over my shoulder. I turned around to see Jefforey walking towards us.
                  I took a step in front of Katelyn, "I'm sorry, Lady Katelyn doesn't wish to speak with you at the moment. Would you like me to relay a message?"
                 "I just want to talk to her" he sighed
                 Katelyn slightly pushed me to the side, "What do you want?" She growled
                 "I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry" he took a bunch of flowers from behind his back
Katelyn silently took them, glanced at Jefforey, and threw them over board, into the water. He watched as they sunk to the bottom of the ocean.
                  She brushed past him, walking towards me. She took my hand and we walked away, her slightly swaying as the boat started to move.