Chapter 5

Chapter 5.

Selena was unconscious, she could feel the pain, she could feel someone pick her up and put her on something soft. Then she felt someone bandage her thigh, it really hurt. Then she felt someone say. "What about her chest?" That voice, who was it? She had then felt someone bandage her chest and put their hands on it. That really hurt, she wanted to scream, but she was couldn't because of the pain. She felt someone pick her up again and set her down on a bed. Then she slipped into nothingness. When she started to feel again, her chest burned, her thigh burned too but not as bad as her chest. 'Wake up, they need to know that you're okay' Selena thought, but she couldn't get her eyes to open. Ten minutes later she finally opened her eyes to a bright light in her eyes. She squinted to keep the light out of her eyes, then she saw Mr. Davenport with the doctor.

She tried to say his name but groaned instead.

"Selena! Your awake!" Mr. Davenport exclaimed, happily.

"I've been awake for like two minutes." Selena said.

"Who did this to you?" Mr. Davenport asked.

"I... don't know, I couldn't see their face." Selena lied.

"Really?" Mr. Davenport inquired.

"Yes." Selena replied.

"Ok. I believe you." Mr. Davenport answered.

"What's wrong?" Selena asked.

"Nothing, the doctors said that you will live. But..." Mr. Davenport trailed off.

"What? What is it?" Selena probed.

"They had to do surgery on you to get the bullets out and they couldn't get the one in your thigh. They have to do another surgery, but they thought that you wanted to talk to Chase first." Mr. Davenport explained.

"I do." Selena said.

Mr. Davenport turned on his cell phone and told Chase to come to the infirmary.

Chase dashed in there and saw that Selena was awake.

"Selena!" Chase happily exclaimed hugging her, but trying not to touch her chest.

"Oh yeah, you weren't worried about me at all." Selena replied sarcastically.

"Are you ok?" Chase asked, worriedly.

"They have to do another surgery, but they thought they wanted me to talk to you first." Selena said.

"Well that was very good judgement." Chase stated.

"Yeah. How did you know where I was? You couldn't track me by my chip, I was too far away from the Academy." Selena asked.

"Random guess?" Chase fibbed, sheepishly.

"You found the note, didn't you?" Selena questioned.

"Fine, I found it outside of your room and I got worried." Chase explained.

"Why were you worried?" Selena asked.

"Because I saw Amethyst slap you." Chase admitted.

"You spied on me?" Selena asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Why were you so scared of telling me about Amethyst?" Chase asked.

"She wanted to ruin my reputation. Remember when I betrayed you guys?" Selena asked.

Chase nodded. He didn't like talking about that.

"I dated Sebastian after I busted him out of prison and he kissed me. Somehow Amethyst managed to get a picture and now she's blackmailing me unless..." Selena trailed off.

"Unless what? What does she want you to do?" Chase asked.

"She was about to ask you out when I came along, she said that unless I dump you, she'll continue to blackmail me." Selena said.

"Selena, this isn't bullying anymore, well it is, but now it's abuse too. What bully shoots someone with a gun?" Chase asked.

"I don't want to dump you." Selena cried. Tears began streaming down her face and she did nothing to stop them.

"You won't have to, I have a plan." Chase assured his girlfriend.

"What is it?" Selena asked.

"We stage a fake break up in the middle of class, I date Amethyst for a while, she destroys the picture, I dump her after a few days or so and then all is right in the world." Chase said.

"I think that's a good plan." Selena said.

"Of course, it came from me and I'm the smartest person on the planet." Chase said.

"There's the nerdy side of you, I like it. Kinda reminds me of Mr. Davenport." Selena smiled.

Then the doctor came in there.

"Selena, it's time for your surgery." The doctor said.

Selena hugged Chase, kissed his lips and whispered.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Chase said.

Then the nurse took Selena to the OR.

Ok I haven't seen Suicide Squad and my parents basically said I couldn't, and I don't like twenty one pilots, but Heathens is a AMAZING song.
Over and out.
Susz13.