The Past Revealed

Silver's POV~

Last night was hectic. So much in one night. Getting lost, taming Mewtwo, not to mention almost getting killed.

Today I was going to battle Clair, who would be a challenge, considering she was the final gym leader, so I needed to do some training. Hazel offered to help me train since I lost to her and I could learn some things from her.

I learned that Hazel had many sides to her. The good side was a happy, sweet, care free side. The pain-in-the-ass side was moody, feisty, and very much violent. But the training side was a side you didn't want to see.

"SILVER!" she yelled and I flinched. "How many frickin' times have I told you to focus on defense?! But noooo, for you, it's just attack, attack, attack!"

We were currently in a battle between my Weavile and her Ninetales, Nina. She had the type advantage but she told me that would help me to learn how to defend myself. I had to raise my Attack stats and Defense stats to be able to cause more damage to the opponent, but decrease the damage from super-effective moves on myself.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I put my arms in front of me protectively. "Hazel, we've been at it for two hours. Can we take a break?"

She sighed and walked over to me and returned her pokemon, thanking it for helping me train. Blizzard hopped off her shoulder and began to sniff my Weavile.

"S-Sorry...When I get to training, you see..." she started.

"Yeah, I saw." I mumbled and she sighed, smiling a bit at my comment.

She knelt down beside our pokemon and Blizzard climbed back on her shoulder. She rubbed Weavile's head and he smiled at her brightly.

I walked to the nearest bench with everyone following me. Weavile sat next to me, Hazel on the other side of me, and Blizzard in her lap. I leaned my head on the back of the chair and closed my eyes.

"So..." Hazel said, obviously bored. I mentally groaned and lifted my head back up, opening my eyes.

"What?" I snapped.

She looked back at me like I just slapped her across the face, but quickly turned back to Blizzard.

"I'm sorry! It's nothing. Just trying to make conversation," she said, avoiding my gaze. I just rolled my eyes.

"All right then...I've got a question I've been meaning to ask you, and now that we're alone..."

She turned back to me and stared into my eyes before cocking her head.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Remember that little talk we had back at the Pokemon Center in Mahogany?" I asked and she nodded. "You said, 'If it weren't for you, those Rockets would've killed me like my...' but you never finished."

Blizzard looked worried and quickly looked back at Hazel. The hazel color in her eyes was replaced by a stormy gray. Tears began to form in the corner of her now gray eyes.

"Hazel?" I asked and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I should go..." she said right before the tears started flowing. She got up from the bench and headed toward the Pokemon Center.

The question was: Should I stop her or not? I wanted an answer to my question, but it's not like I give a damn about her feelings.

I stood up and grabbed her wrist. She struggled to escape me, but I gripped even harder.

"Let me go!" she commanded, trying to pull away. I gripped harder on her wrist.

"Not until you give me an answer," I replied, clenching harder. She let out a yelp of pain and I loosened my grip.