Stalling

Lyra's POV~

I went with Hazel the next morning to help her train for her contest tomorrow. And to tell the truth, she was a little paranoid. Just a little.

"This doesn't WORK!" Hazel screamed in frustration. If Blade and Nina are using Psycho Cut and Will-O-Wisp, the damn flames won't frickin' glow!"

"Silver warned me.." I mumbled. "Hazel, it's fine. Why not try to use a different Psychic type move?" I suggested.

"A different Psychic type move? A different Psychic type MOVE?!" she yelled, making me wince. "I can't do that, Lyra! What do you expect me to use, Psyshock?! I- actually, that might work.."

I sweat dropped in an anime-like way. I knew the pressure Hazel was feeling, though. This was her last chance to win her fifth ribbon. Her last chance to enter the Grand Festival. She couldn't screw this up, or it would be all over.

"Nina, I want you to try and create a single flame by combining Will-O-Wisp," Hazel explained.

Nina's eyes glowed blue as she encircled four purple flames and forced them together. The flames became extinguished, though.

"It's okay," Hazel cooed, calming down a little. "Keep on trying, but be gentle. Don't put so much pressure on the flames."

Nina nodded and got to work, repeatedly trying to please her trainer, but with the same outcome.

Meanwhile, Blade was practicing its Psyshock attack, levitating nearby stones with a orchid-colored glow. He encircled them, spun them a few times, and all at once the stones collided. After about ten minutes of this process, Nina finally revealed a full-blown single flame, levitating in front of her.

"Great, Nina!" Hazel cheered. "Now, just hold it a little longer..Blade! Use Psyshock on the flame."

The Psychic pokemon gathered stones with its powers, smashing the flame in between them. Purple, fire stones were raining down on them from the collision with a faint purple glitter.

"Perfect!" Hazel clasped her hands together.

"Absolutely beautiful!" I awed, my eyes sparkled. "Hazel, this is perfect!"

"Thanks!" she giggled. "Good job, you two! I'm so proud."

Nina skipped towards Hazel, cuddling her leg as she pet it. Blade blushed as Hazel hugged him, rubbing his head.

Blade quickly disappeared, shocking me, but returned just as fast with an Oran berry in hand. He bowed, presenting it to his trainer, and Hazel thanked him while munching at it.

"Where did you get this?" she asked him as he pointed to a nearby tree. "I am getting a little hungry. Maybe we should take a lunch break, Lyra. What do ya say?"

"Sure! Meganium can help us get the berries from the tree," I confirmed, releasing my Grass type starter.

Meganium used his Vine Whip to reach the Oran berries up in the tree. Of course, I let him eat with us. He would never forgive me if I didn't.

"I'm going to go get some drinks at Anna's house. She won't mind, will she?" I asked and Hazel shook her head. "I'll be back in a few!"

I headed towards Anna's house a few minutes away from where the Pokemon Center, where we were training, was. Walking inside, I was greeted by Silver taking small sips of his water in the kitchen.

"Hey, Silv," I chirped. He responded with a simple, "Lyra."

"So Hazel and I are having lunch back at the Pokemon Center's training grounds. Wanna join us?" I asked, grabbing a few water bottles out of the fridge.