Rockets

Silver's POV~

I stretched my body before opening my eyes and rising to a sitting position. I looked below my bunk to see Gold snoring obnoxiously. Logan's bed was made, but he no longer occupied it.

"Gold," I mumbled, chucking a pillow in his direction. "Get up."

His eyes snapped open and he threw the pillow back at me, but I caught it just in time. He grunted and I smirked, pleased with my accomplishment.

"I'm gonna go wake the girls," I told him as I leaped from my bunk. "So you get about thirty more minutes of sleep."

He chuckled at my comment before shutting his eyes and rolling over. I crossed the hall to the girls' room, which was conveniently neighboring ours, and knocked on the door softly. Hearing no response, I sighed, inferring that they were all still asleep, and walked in.

I couldn't really blame any of them for being so tired. Hazel was worn from the contest and held Blizzard cradled in her arms. Anna was up late at the library in the Center last night. And Lyra's always bound with energy; she needs to rest sometime.

I walked quietly over to Anna on the top bunk to try and wake her up, but the book on her lap intrigued me. It was face down with a cover filled with all types of Water pokemon: Finneon, Horsea, Tentacool, Poliwhirl, Lapras. You name it. Water Type Pokemon, the cover read.

I hesitantly picked it up, careful not to stir Anna. The book was open to a page entitled "The Sea Guardian". I vaguely remembered Hazel saying something about that at the Rocket hideout. Reluctantly, I started to read.

Lugia, often referred to as "The Sea Guardian", is a rare, Legendary pokemon, unknown to many. Although Lugia is not a Water type pokemon, rather Psychic and Flying, it is still considered part of the Water pokemon family. It lives peacefully in harmony with human life and is not considered a threat, unlike many other legendaries.

Because of Lugia's well-known move variety and power stats, many consider it the most powerful pokemon on Earth. If Lugia used its massive six-foot wings, it could cause a forty day storm to rage throughout an entire region. Some of Lugia's known moves are Weather Ball, Dragon Rush, Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast, Safeguard, Recover, Extrasensory, Future Sight, Ancient Power, and Sky Attack.

Lugia is called the Diving Pokemon, for it lives peacefully in deep-sea trenches, undisturbed by the humans who dwell on Earth. Many have attempted to find and capture it, but certain items unknown to mankind must be obtained to encounter it. It is rumored to have settled near the Whirl Islands. Not many facts about this pokemon are known.

I silently dwelled over the words, studying the image of the beast on the page. It was blurry and the least bit descriptive, but I assumed it was the best they could get for such a rare pokemon.

Glancing up, I saw Anna was awake, staring at me while I was reading. I blushed, embarrassed that I didn't realize she had woken while I'd taken her book. She didn't snap or snatch it back, though, but just stared.

I reluctantly gave it back to her and she took it, quickly scanning over the words herself. She looked up at me, knitting her brows, looking as if she was contemplating on telling me something. Whatever it was, she decided not to mention it, but ask me instead,

"What do you think it is?" she whispered, careful not to wake the two sleeping girls that occupied the room. I shook my head and she closed the book, sighing.

"I'm not sure," I stated. "but we better wake Hazel and Lyra. It's already 9:00 and the contest with start again at noon."

We woke the girls, much to Hazel and Blizzard's dismay, and, after they changed, headed to the cafeteria. Logan and Gold already sat at a table when we arrived, each with a bowl of cereal.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal myself, joining the guys, as Hazel and Lyra both had eggs and bacon. Gold managed to sneak two bacon strips off Hazel's plate, passing one to me in the process. Anna decided to skip the meal, saying she wasn't much of a "breakfast person" anyway.

"I don't believe in skipping meals," Gold stated, munching on his bacon. "In fact, I think we should have more than three meals a day! At least twice that."

There was a round of laughter at this, excluding myself who just smirked at his stupidity, but Gold looked genuinely confused.

"I'm serious!" he objected before going back for a second round of food.

"The contest starts at noon," Hazel informed, absentmindedly stroking Blizzard on her shoulder, "but Logan and I are going to head to the Contest Hall at 11:00. 'Kay?"

We all nodded at this, finishing our breakfast before heading back to our rooms. We packed all our stuff and made small talk.

"You guys are lucky to be traveling with Hazel, ya know," Logan told us, shoving a notebook into his pack.

"Why?" I asked. "It's not like there's anything special about her."

"That's highly unlikely," He glanced at me suspiciously. "She's extremely knowledgable in battle, a great coordinator, and not to mention has an extraordinary bond with all pokemon."

"Tell me about it," Gold grinned.

"And you got all of that out of knowing her for one day?" I snorted. "You forgot to mention she's a pain in the ass."

Logan shot Gold a looked asking, 'Is he always like this?' and Gold nodded. Still, he continued,

"I bet all of them are great traveling companions. Anna's usually calm and definitely intelligent all the way. And Lyra's always there to lighten up the mood," he added. "Surely one of you are in a relationship with one of them?"

"Gold wishes he could date all three," I smirked and the golden-eyed trainer chuckled, knowing it was true.

"I'm guessing that's a no," he sighed, smirking. "Well, let me know if I can take Hazel off your hands. She's a really special girl, you know."

A glare hardened on him, but I quickly covered it up with a, "Please do."

We headed to the lobby of the Pokemon Center to meet up with the girls. Gold nudged me in the hallway, grabbing my attention.

"You know you like her," he whispered. "At least as a friend. After all you two have been through."

"As a friend, but nothing more," I answered as he smirked, walking past me.

I spoke the truth. At least for me. I was still unsure of Hazel's feelings, but I assumed her interests lay in Gold. It was rather hard to decipher their relationship. If it was romantic or a brother-sister friendship; it was hard to tell. But was there really a difference?

Before I knew it, I was welcomed by the applause of the crowd as the first battle ended. Logan had won, but I was running late getting here, so I had missed it. Blizzard sighed, disappointed we missed the first battle, and slumped in my arms.

Hazel's battle was next and, to tell the truth, it wasn't all that exciting. The match went by in a breeze with the blond-headed coordinator's points left untouched.

"Okay, fans!" Vivian announced. "It's what we've all been waiting for: the final match!" The crowd applauded as Vivian continued. "On the right, please welcome, Hazel Baca!"

The crowd cheered and I even clapped as Hazel entered, waving. Blizzard waved frantically, trying to get her attention, and she giggled from the stage, waving back. She took her place on the battlefield with a confident grin on her face.

"And on the left, Logan Freeman!"

The audience roared, but was quickly replaced with confused murmurs as no one appeared onstage.

"Logan? It's time for the battle!" Vivian said nervously, motioning for some staff members to go check on him.

But, instead of Logan coming out, dozens of men and women in all-too-familiar uniforms bolted out with stolen pokemon by their sides.

Smoke slowly filled the building as trainers released their pokemon. Children and elders fled. Screams of people and pokemon echoed throughout the building, but there was only one person on my mind. And I needed to get to her. Fast.

Before anyone could stop me, I bolted down the bleachers.