The Truth

A/N: Shipping names anyone? I can't think of any for Hazel x Gold, Hazel x Silver, Twave x Gold, Naomi x Gold, etc. Comment some ideas?

Also, after I'm finished with this book, I might be doing an Ask Hazel book. Yes, it will include all characters from this book (not including characters who...erm, died) and it will have dares, questions, challenges, whatever. What do you think?

(Sorry for the long A/N and short chapter!)

Naomi's POV~

I crossed my arms over my face, squinting my eyes shut and ducking down. I waited in that position for the attack that never came, because a certain someone had blocked it.

"I love you," I heard in a faint whisper. My eyes widened, immediately recognizing the voice.

Looking up carefully, I froze in horror at the sight before me. My boyfriend I had cared so much for in a Team Rocket uniform. Lying on the ground, limp and bloody, with gashes all over his face and arms.

"Logan," I whispered, backing away slowly. "He's dead."

"Such a shame," the girl sighed. "He was one of the best trainers in the region, honestly. We wouldn't be here now if it weren't for him."

"That bastard," Ray grimaced as I whipped around to face him.

"He risked his life for me!" I shouted, my fist threatening to meet his face. "And you call him a bastard? Then screw you! I-I loved him!"

"Naomi," he objected softly, looking hurt. "He betrayed you. He never loved you."

"Betrayed?" the man chuckled. "Quite the opposite, really."

"Proton!" the woman scolded.

"Let me tell them, Ariana," he grinned over at us.

"What are you talking about?" I demanded, still staring at Logan's body on the ground.

"He did this all for you," Proton said slowly.

"Lies," I growled through gritted teeth. "He killed my sister."

"Ah, I do remember seeing a girl like you," Ariana walked over to me, wrapping a strand of my hair around her finger. "Same hair, and eyes, yes. I believe that was Archer, am I correct?"

"I think he said something about it," Proton thought.

"What about when he tried to kill me?" a voice from behind snapped. I turned my head to see Hazel and Lyra entering the cave from a different location.

"Yes, you," the redheaded woman scoffed. "He did try to kill me, but you got in the way. Thank you for that."

"You're pathetic!" Hazel retorted. "Lies, all of them!"

"Naomi," Ariana confirmed, stepping dearly close to me. "He did it to protect you. We threatened him with the only thing he loved."

~Flashback~

"Naomi?" Logan said seriously, taking my hand in both of his. "We need to talk."

"About what?" I asked, slightly nervous.

"It's nothing serious, don't worry," he chuckled, rubbing my hand.

"Okay," I nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"We're going to have to separate for a little while," He tried to avoid my gaze, but sounded assuring. "I'm going to participate in a contest in Cherrygrove while you get your badge in Blackthorn. O-Okay?"

"Yeah, sure," I smiled kindly, sort of upset at the thought of being alone for a few days.

"I'll be back, though," he confirmed. "Don't worry. I wouldn't leave you."

"Thanks," I giggled as he released my hand.

"I'll see you around then?" he asked hopefully, rising from his seat.

"Right," I replied, standing up as well.

"Just remember," He turned his back on me. "Wherever I go, whatever I do, I'll always love you. Now and forever."

"That's really sweet, but why- mmph!" I was cut off by moist lips caressing mine.

I slowly kissed back, mulling about the sudden speech and gesture, wondering what he was really up to.

~Present~

"It can't be," My eyes widened slightly.

"It's not true," Lyra tried to convince me, but I pushed her aside.

"Why did you do it?" I demanded.

"Simple," Proton answered. "He was the best trainer out there, and an easy target.

"Not true!" Hazel shouted, looking furious with the Rocket duo. "I beat him easily."

"Well, the pokemon they supply here aren't all that, for sure," Ariana sighed, looking disappointed.

"Snea, snea!" Blizzard yelped, shaking a fist at Ariana.

"Put a sock in it, you little brat," the woman scoffed, grimacing at the Ice type.

Blizzard growled, slashing at Ariana's face. Crobat swooped over to defend its trainer, but was too late. The energetic pokemon jumped to Lyra's shoulder to dodge, earning a high-five from Ray.

"Guys!" someone interrupted, running towards us.

"Twave! Kaia!" Lyra waved. Twave jumped into Ray's arms while Kaia hurriedly reported to us.

"The caves are all connected under the water," the Kimono Girl explained, "you jut can't tell from the surface."

"So that means Silver and Gold should be here soon," Lyra concluded hopefully.

We were cut off by a muffled scream, followed by a blast of water. Proton was pushed against the wall by the Water Gun. Ariana then ducked as a Water Gun aimed for her.

"Silver's here," Hazel mumbled.

"Hey, watch it!" Ariana growled as Silver and Gold entered the cave.

"Lyra!" Gold greeted, spinning around with her in his arms.

I saw Hazel trying to avoid Silver's gaze out of the corner of my eye. But shouldn't she be happy to see him?

"Is that...?" Silver started.

"Lugia?" Ray finished. "Yeah."

"Proton, it's time to teach these kids a lesson," Ariana smirked. "Unleash Lugia."

"You can't!" Kaia called.

"Oh, I will," she laughed. "And there's nothing you can do to stop him once the collar's activated. None of you will have any chance of surviving. Unless, of course, you'd like to join us."

"Of course not!" everyone yelled. Everyone except me.

My eyes never left Logan's body lying on the ground. It was all my fault...

Ariana approached me cautiously. She frowned, her eyes tracing to where mine landed.

"Logan would want you to," She placed a hand on my shoulder. "He always went on about how he wanted you to join him. How much fun it would be with you by his side."

"Don't listen to her, Naomi!" Hazel yelled, Silver having to hold her back from lunging at Ariana. But I tuned her out. I knew what I needed to do.

"He said that?" I choked out.

"All the time," she nodded sadly.

"For Logan, then," I confirmed, reaching out a hand.

"For Logan," she grinned, shaking it.