•first sight•

That night, I sat on the couch of our bus while my band was out partying. Luke emerged from the bunks, wearing some of Brandon's clothes. He sat on the bean bag across from me and stared into my eyes.

"What happened?" He asked. For the first time, his voice shows sincerity.

"What do you mean?" I threw my hair into a messy bun.

"What made you leave college, the love of your life, your family," I snorted. "You left me. What was so bad at college that you left?"

I took a deep breath. I knew I would have to tell him sooner or later, I just wasn't expecting sooner.

"About six years ago, I entered my third year at college in Phoenix, I just turned 21......"

"Bye asswipe." I ruffed the hair of my little brother Luke.

"Lydia. Watch your mouth." My mother snapped. I rolled my eyes and hugged my brother.

"See ya in a few months. Tell dad I'll call." Luke stuck his tongue at me and I stuck my middle finger up. He laughed. I grabbed my bags out the backseat of the car along with my acoustic guitar.

"Bye Lights!" he called I waved bye to him and the car drove off.

"I remember that. I was 13 and mom hated that you didn't want to go to UCLA anymore." Luke chuckled.

I looked around the campus and it was huge. Clics were together laughing and having a good time. The stairs that led down to the head office looked more and more scary by the minute. I took a deep breath and began walking to the stairs, feeling everyone's eyes on me as the 'new girl' walked. Some whistled a my appearance, some glared, and some gawked. I just don't see what's so beautiful about me.

A guy waved at me. He wasn't gawking, glaring, or whistling at me. Grey eyes, somewhat floppy brown hair. I waved back and saw a girl throwing daggers at me. I shied away from her glare and ran smack into someone. I clutch onto my guitar case, letting my suitcase and bag fall to the ground, including the person I bumped into.

I didn't even do the whole yelling thing and apologize, I just stood up and grabbed my stuff.

"Hey wait!" I turned around and my breath hitched in my throat. A guy was brushing dirt off his pants, his long hair swaying side to side. When he looked up my heart died.

He had a nose ring, spectrum piercing, and a lip ring with gauges and the most prettiest eyes you'll ever see. I swear.

"You're new?" I nodded "What hall?" he asked.

"Uh, Manchester wing, for girls." I added, which would already should be obvious it's for girls.

"Cool, Manchester wing myself for boys." He added, wiggling his eyebrows. I giggled a bit. "You play guitar?" he asked, motioning to my guitar case. I smiled.

"Yeah," I rocked on the heels of my feet."Do you sing?"

"A little. I sing, scream, break dance." He chuckled. "What about you?"

"No screaming or break dancing, but I play guitar and sing. I can tickle a gnarly synth.

"I would love to hear you sometime." He smiled again.

"Ditto." I tried to smile, but failed when my cheeks began blazing and ended up muttering it. "I should get going, to get my schedule." I began walking down the stairs.

Smooth Lydia.

"Hey wait!" He called as he trailed down the stairs after me. "What's your name?" He asked.