Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE: Meeting

Third Person Omniscient POV

---

Sage was currently getting ready for school by brushing out her hair in the bathroom. The daily task doesn't normally take an excessive amount of time to complete. Except for the fact her sister, Simmer, had decided to put shampoo in her hair in the middle of the night to "try and wash her streak out" as she put it. It wouldn't even be so bad if it hadn't dried overnight. So she had to wash it out in between three rounds of brushing. Right now, she was brushing it out for the fourth time. It was still stuck in some places so with a silent sigh, Sage turned on the faucet and began the process of washing her hair. Again.

Suddenly, a yell shook the room and Sage whipped backward, her wet, soapy hair flipping over her shirt and face. Great. She walked outside to see Amber, her other sister, chasing Simmer around, yelling incoherently as Simmer laughed wildly. Amber's sleeping shirt had gone from a dark crimson last night to bright pink in the morning. Sage quickly dried herself off with a sigh before stopping Amber from pounding their sister into a pulp.

"Come on girls. Let's just get ready. We have twenty minutes before we have to leave for school," Sage stated calmly as she held back Amber.

Amber muttered something inaudibly before shrugging Sage off of her and walked over to her dresser to change, flipping her dark brown hair over her shoulder. She slipped off the sleeping shirt and tossed it on the ground. The short-tempered teen dug around for a bra and a new shirt while Sage sighed and headed back to the bathroom to finish up. Amber settled on a deep red tank with a small tear in the collar and a black sports bra. Starting with the bra, she pulled both over her head and continued on to open the drawer underneath for some pants.

Back in the bathroom, Sage continued to wash her black hair. It took an extra ten minutes, but she got out all the soap before they had to leave and had time to dry her hair. Brushing it for the last time, she went over to her separate dresser and pulled off her now damp shirt and tossed it into the laundry basket on the opposite side of the room.

Sage took out her best black t-shirt, a new one she had bought last week, and put it on. She slipped off her dark grey sleeping pants and exchanged it for a pair of faded light blue jeans. She picked up a light blue hair tie she kept on her nightstand and quickly pulled her hair up into a high ponytail. Her dark brown leather goggles rested on top of her nightstand next to where the hair tie was, and she picked them up, making sure to examine them. Confirming Simmer didn't put anything in it, she placed them over her forehead and around the back and pulled her hair through the strap. She threw on her grey mechanic's jacket that was lying on her bed, the company logo reading "Ollie's Automobile and Recreation".

As she was pulling on her socks and tennis shoes, Simmer hopped onto her back, laughing and hanging on. Sage sighed but smiled and removed her youngest sister from her back. She was wearing a beige sweater with two bright yellow stars on the upper right area of her chest. Her leggings were scuffed up and worn with a jagged hole in her left pants leg. Her fluffy hair, as usual, was tied and puffed up in a surprisingly organized mess behind her. The leftover hair fluffed up at the front as she snickered.

"Alright. Are you girls ready?" Sage asked.

"Yeah," Amber muttered, hopping up and down on one foot while pulling on her tightly laced boot. She had chosen a pair of reddish-brown cargo pants that were now being tucked into the boots. Both legs had tears in them.

Sage had offered to sew them back up but Amber had said she liked it like that

"Ready! Let's go!" Simmer exclaimed energetically and bolted out the door without waiting for an answer.