Past

He was leaning back against the wall, watching Chloes sleeping form on his couch. He was thoughtful and even though they weren't mated and he hadn't marked her yet, he could feel the distress eating at her and it was making him antsy and uncomfortable.
He had tried to get her to tell him what was wrong, but she seemed lost for words and full of tears, they wouldn't stop and he had held her for over an hour until the tears stopped and she drifted to sleep in his arms.
He snapped out of his own thoughts when he heard ringing from Chloes jacket, he pushed off the wall and digged through her jacket pocket until he found her phone.
The caller I.D showed it was his sister and he sighed before stepping into his bedroom and closing the door behind him, pressing the accept button and putting the phone to his ear.
"Chloe? Chloe were are you?" Haley sounded worried and he ran a hand through his hair, hoping she would just let him handle this without her interference.
"Hales, calm down" he told her and heard her worried blabbering stop.
"Josh..?" he could pictured her frown and smiled a little.
"Yeah, it's me" he was tired and worried and he knew Haley could tell, but just this once he needed her to let him do things his way.
"Where's Chloe?"
"Sleeping." He opened the door slightly and looked outside to see her still sleeping soundly.
"Listen Hales, Chloe's gonna stay here tonight, I'll get her back to the dorm by tomorrow night" he promised and he could hear Haley was about to protest but then he heard another voice, Cam?, in the background and Haley sighed.
"Fine, just call if you need anything, any of you" 
"I will" he promised and hung up the phone, he walked back into the living room and put the cell on the kitchen counter, he pulled one of the chairs over by the couch and sat down. 
"Why can't you just talk to me Chloe?" he sighed to himself and leaned back in the chair, he was getting a bit sleepy himself but he was afraid to close his eyes in case she would disappear on him again when he woke up. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, relax" Cameron said and sat up in Haley's bed, she'd been agitated and stressed ever since they got back to her room and Chloe took off like the devil himself was chasing her. 
"I can't" she protested and looked at him from where she was standing by the window, she'd been standing there for the last couple of hours hoping to see Chloe making her way back, but no such luck and even after talking to Josh she couldn't seem to calm down. 
"Haley, she is with Josh, she's safe and she's sleeping, I'm sure she'll call you first thing when she wakes up" he tried convincing her as he stood up and walked over to the window, stopping behind her and rubbing his hands up and down her arms in a comforting way. 
"I know she's alright, I know she's safe, I know all that! I just... I can't calm down until I know what has her this upset to begin with" Cameron didn't say anything to that, he could argue that they didn't even know if she really was upset or not, but they had both seen her when they got back and to say she looked scared would be the understatement of the century, more like terrified. 

"I can understand that, but standing here by the window for god knows how many hours won't do either of you any good. Get some rest, lay down for a few minutes and close your eyes, I don't like seeing you this worked up" she turned around in his arms and looked up at him apologetically, the way he was being so honest with her made her see things in perspective and instead of arguing with him, like she really wanted to, she just nodded her head and entwined their hands, walking away from the window and pulling him with her to the bed. 
"Lay down with me then" she said quietly and crawled into the bed, looking up at him pleadingly, he didn't say anything as he walked over to the wall and flicked of her lights, he lifted up the covers and slid in beside her. She cuddled up to his side and rested her head on his chest. 
"I sleep better when I'm with you" she yawned after a few minutes of silence and he smiled into the dark before kissing her head. 
"I'm glad to hear it" he murmured softly and he could feel her smile against his chest, and he stayed awake until he felt her breathing become deeper and steady and then he finally drifted of to sleep as well, his last thought was the image of Chloe's terrified look and how scared Haley had been when Chloe disappeared.